Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they had some kind of timer on them, that's how everyone knows how many hours have been used and when to change the bulbs. Correct me ifim wrong please. :D

they have a timer but the timer can be reset and needs to be reset when you change the bulbs, there is no way of knowing how many times the lamp has been reset as far as i'm aware.

Who is to say how many times you have reset it ?
One of my lamps is at 57 hours but I have replaced the bulbs twice now therefore I have had 243 hours of use....but what would stop me from saying it had only done 43 hours?

Either way this is academic and not really on topic. Haven't you actually seen a CND lamp which seems strange when you have so much to say about this topic.

My interest lies in the customer service side of this thread, or should I say, lack of it. It is what I work in. Not as a seller or purchaser but as an evaluator. This is why I'm following it so closely. To see how large companies deal with situations like this.

The claims shrinking violet made were also of great interest to me.

And no, I didn't know the lamps could be reset. Sorry!!! I'm not a CND customer.

There have been some glaring failures and some spectacular upsets over the years but their products are amazing and they are usually the first to come out with new ideas and products so all in all I will stick with them, plus the fact that I've so much time and money invested.

However, this has taught me not to put all my eggs in one basket and be opened minded. Note to self, don't be blinkered!

Don't make a hasty decision based on these posts, there are some (rightly so) very angry people here. Wait till things have calmed down and then do your research to find out what's right for you.

Karaxxx

There are also some people who don't even use the product but are delighted with the chance to put the boot in any chance they get.
Do a search on sweet squared Louisekjh , there are many , they have won awards for their customer service .
I agree with Twid that even with upsets suffered by times, CND products are second to none .

Mobile manicure I'm with you on this one. You have the same attitude as me.

I think that there is a lot of covering up going on. They know that there are problems but refuse point blanc to do anything about it which is appalling.

All of CNDs "followers" who buy into every last detail are really being treated unfairly. I knew this would happen at some point.

Surrey Girl through and through x

There are also some people who don't even use the product but are delighted with the chance to put the boot in any chance they get.
Do a search on sweet squared Louisekjh , there are many , they have won awards for their customer service .
I agree with Twid that even with upsets suffered by times, CND products are second to none .

I disagree.

Who is to say how many times you have reset it ?
One of my lamps is at 57 hours but I have replaced the bulbs twice now therefore I have had 243 hours of use....but what would stop me from saying it had only done 43 hours?

Either way this is academic and not really on topic. Haven't you actually seen a CND lamp which seems strange when you have so much to say about this topic.[/

As far as I'm concerned after having 3 lamps go kaput, there are 2 known faults to look for. I wont' say what they are.., CND and those who have issues that can't be rectified know what they are!

Hi
I have had 2 lamps that have broken in a matter of days of each other. One was replaced very quickly but the second lamp, I am still waiting for a replacement!! Luckily, my colleagues have their own lamps which they are using but I am very disappointed that we are having to wait so long to get the second lamp back:sad::rolleyes:

I think people would be more understanding of the situation if there was a plan of action being offered. You can't just expect people to close up shop and wait weeks on end! I personally have used my NSI lamp with shellac on myself and it's been absolutely fine and the shellac has lasted just as long as normal. Perhaps that info may help someone.

I think people would be more understanding of the situation if there was a plan of action being offered. You can't just expect people to close up shop and wait weeks on end! I personally have used my NSI lamp with shellac on myself and it's been absolutely fine and the shellac has lasted just as long as normal. Perhaps that info may help someone.

Is it an NSI LED lamp?

I've been doing that since last year due to constant lamp issues with cnd

We've had two cnd lamps since the year that shellac launched in the uk, touch wood,never had a problem with either :)

As far as I can see this thread is going around in circles....steered mainly by an educator from another Nail Company a non customer of CND and other disgruntled non nail geeks.

If this had been about any other company other than Sweet Squared/CND it would have been closed down once the personal remarks and accusations of a Conspiracy started. Only if that had happened there would be an outcry of bias!

As to whether there is a plan of action can I again point you in the direction of page 6 of this thread where Samuel Sweet explains the situation and what is being done.

Nothing has happened to change the situation, and if it had I am sure we would have had an update from Samuel.

Last edited:
As far as I can see this thread is going around in circles....steered mainly by an educator from another Nail Company a non customer of CND and other disgruntled non nail geeks.

If this had been about any other company other than Sweet Squared/CND it would have been closed down once the personal remarks and accusations of a Consiracy started. Only if that had happened there would be an outcry of bias!

As to whether there is a plan of action can I again point you in the direction of page 6 of this thread where Samuel Sweet explains the situation and what is being done.

Nothing has happened to change the situation, and if it had I am sure we would have had an update from Samuel.

Woah! I'm seeing this from a business point of view. I know for a fact my company would not do this to any of its customers!

You are basically having a pop at anyone who dares to tarnish the name CND.

By the way, you are missing the 'p' in conspiracy which is what it is.

Yep , which is maybe why you can't get a lamp right now.

When we went to The Event last year we were told there will NOT be an led lamp!

Hi I was hoping to train in Shellac and received enough money just before christmas to enable me to book a course and buy a starter kit. Rang S2 on 23/12 asking about starter kit and was told not available due to lamp not being available.

I have contact s2 on several occasions each time being told lamp will arrive in Jan and then Friday told hopefully be in in two weeks. This has actually made me decide to not go with Shellac as it has made me nervous about whether I will always be able to get stock and replacement bulbs if I need it.

Check a few pages back. It's there somewhere.

Hi I was hoping to train in Shellac and received enough money just before christmas to enable me to book a course and buy a starter kit. Rang S2 on 23/12 asking about starter kit and was told not available due to lamp not being available.

I have contact s2 on several occasions each time being told lamp will arrive in Jan and then Friday told hopefully be in in two weeks. This has actually made me decide to not go with Shellac as it has made me nervous about whether I will always be able to get stock and replacement bulbs if I need it.

In my opinion, go for the colours, liquids, etc but get a professional lamp e.g Entity, NSi, etc

I'm in the same position as you but, I've decided that I'm going to wait it out and stick with Shellac! After all, there's not bound to be many stock shortages in the future. If this thread is anything to go by, most CND/S2 customers are jumping ship so that's means there'll always be enough for me :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Quick question just out do curiosity, do sweet squared have just one supplier to make and ship their lamps ? Are they made specifically just for shellac and not supplied to any other company at all ?

Jo, I'm sure we were told at the Event that an LED lamp was on its way in 2014?? Or did I dream it?

Can anyone clarify??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back