Broken nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

☆Missy☆

Reaction score
I have 2 broken nails below my smile line n it keeps getting caught n ripping even more. Obviously because of where it is I can cut it. Is there anything I can use to help repair it :-(

The other day one of my clients had two splits on the side of her thumb, way before the free edge, so i used some fibreglass, glue and activator spray then used gelish structure gel over it, then the gelish colour.

Use some nail adhesive and a piece of fabric like silk for nail repairs.
If you don't have that to hand, some nail adhesive and a piece of clean tea bag over the split should hold it. X

Use some nail adhesive and a piece of fabric like silk for nail repairs.
If you don't have that to hand, some nail adhesive and a piece of clean tea bag over the split should hold it. X

I too have a very low down split, I did not know this off to do it now! Thanks very much :Dx

Sarah xx

I use silk and resin all the time it's an amazing invention 👍

Laura 🐶 x

Happened to one of my ladies before. Her middle finger on the left hand is very weak. It was split again when she came in last week. I just apply a nice thin layer or acrylic to the nail. Works a treat :)

Edit: but if you do this make sure your bead ratio is perfect when applying over the split. A runny bead will seep into the split!! xx

I use Self adhesive fibreglass, over the split, then put gelish foundation on, cure, then a couple of layers of structure gel, concentrating on the side where the split is. It lasts until I remove gelish and I usually find that the split has fused itself back together :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Self adhesive fibreglass, over the split, then put gelish foundation on, cure, then a couple of layers of structure gel, concentrating on the side where the split is. It lasts until I remove gelish and I usually find that the split has fused itself back together :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im going to sound stupid here but what is fibreglass & silk wraps & where can you get them? X

I buy it on a roll from capital hair and beauty 😊

Laura 🐶 x

I use a nail bandage then Gelish base then structure then colour as normal.

I cut up a tiny bit of lint free wipe and used nail adhesive & just stuck it over the split then when it was dry filed the bulk down and my nail is really strong again :) will try the tea bag next time too!

Sarah xx

I use a nail bandage then Gelish base then structure then colour as normal.

Hi Cloughers,

Do you think the nail bandages are better than fibreglass? x

Not sure because I've never used fibreglass but I've had them last for a couple of weeks on clients. X

Not sure because I've never used fibreglass but I've had them last for a couple of weeks on clients. X

Thanks lasts the same then :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back