Broken nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickey26

Mobile masseuse and nail technician
Reaction score
I've got one client who has now broken 5 nails I've already fixed 3, I'm just trying to find out if you charge for fixing them or not as at this rate she will be getting all 10 re done for free x

How long has it been since you have done them the first time?and when did you fixed the first 3?

How long has it been since you have done them the first time?and when did you fixed the first 3?
I done them a week ago tomorrow, fixed the first 3 on Sunday! X

Has she sent a pic for you to see?

I done them a week ago tomorrow, fixed the first 3 on Sunday! X
So did they come off completely or did they brake.i mean was it her fault?

Are you having other people returning with breakages or is it just this lady?

Did she have her nails longer than you recommended?

Did you give her after care and did she heed it?

Are you confident in your prep and application?

Prep and application are spot on, gave her after care. Her length was longish but not too long. She said they broke off as she was doing DIY and things like that, I've done them a bit thicker this time. I have another client who always break hers so maybe I need to do them slightly thicker and stronger. I only qualified middle of December so I suppose it's all a learning curve. I do my own nails like I do there's and mine are always fine possibly not as great as I struggle on myself! Hope I haven't missed anything lol! Xx

Did she say what sort of DIY- it's amazing what clients do with their nails, from laying bricks and repairing roofs to using fingers & nails to do grouting, and washing out brushes in white spirit, all damaging.

Maybe you need to work on the structure and stress areas as you say. :)

I gave a care sheet and at the bottom of it I say I will repair nails up to 5 days after that I charge £3 per nail...and I say ' please note I cannot guarantee how long your nails will last as this depends solely on the upkeep and aftercare you provide. However, I will repair any faults or damage within 5 days of treatment free of charge '. Some places only guarantee for 3 days I think I am being fair at 5....you will be surprised at what people do with there nails.... X

I repair for free for the first week.after that they have to pay.but give special attention to you prep from the beginning just in case.so you will be sure is not something you did(or something you did't do)

Latest posts

Back