Broken sculpts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annalooby

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I did a set of p&w sculpts on a lady last friday and got a phone call to the salon on Tuesday that four of her nails have broken off.

She had very short nails to begin with, just long enough to get a form under but her thumbs were bitten to a very odd shape - bitten so one side wall was about half as long as the other - so I had to do a bit of building up to get them to look half normal! She had never had extensions before so I'm hoping that she has just been a bit rough with them (I have my newly printed aftercare leaflet at hand) but I'm a little worried that I may have sculpted them wrong...even though I've never had this problem before. Could they have been to short to sculpt on?? How do I know if this is my fault or hers??? If the free edges have broken clean off should I remove and completely re-do with tips instead???!!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Yours worringly....

:sad: Looby

if she has never had extensions before, the likly hood is she's just not used to them!

If the nails are breaking along the tip, and not the whole extension coming off, it could be a particular way that she knocked the nail, she may have had her nails in her mouth, and sub-concencley (sp) pulled it off. ive done that before!

Or maybe you haven't put enough product over the stress area?

could be a mixture of all, could be one or the other. when you see her next, asses the situation, and really drill home the aftercare.

if she is heavy handed, and just knocking the tips off, either apply more product to stress area, or maybe use tips? maybe the length needs to be taken down a bit too?

hope this helps?!

Although ive just kinda listed a load of reasons not actually solved the mystery!

It's hard to say what could have been the problem without having seeing the nails.
My guess (dittoing Luckybird) is that maybe you should have built up the stress area. Also, if she never had enhancements, and you THOUGHT you made them short, they still could have been too long for her.
Other than that she was probably being too rough (not used to them).
I think some manufacturer's teach that "strength" is in the PRODUCT, not the TIP. The tip is just your canvas, so maybe using tips wouldn't have made a difference. I don't know, just throwing some things at you.
HTH!

Latest posts

Back