Brown Mistake

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Hiya hair geeks

I am not a hair geek so im looking for some advice.

I have been blonde for ages and have just had my hair dyed dark brown, which i regret.

I have had bleach and highlift on the blonde previously, I do have some damage on top (growing out) due to over processing a while ago (approx 3 months).

Can anyone tell me how long i should wait (is there anything that they could do without having to wait) before changing back to blonde, i realise that this is a long process.

What would be the best way to go about it, i am guessing would it need stripping back, thus causing more damage?

I will not be doing it myself, just want some advice so I can talk the girls in the salon round lol

They keep running off when i mention the word blonde lol

some one else may be able to give better advice, but i would say use "original vosene" shampoo to help take the colour out then in a few weeks, get a full head highlights,

but beware they may be orange! its a long process to get back to blonde...

i had my hair dyed a dark blonde two weeks ago and decided yesterday i would bleach it and colour a bit lilac! :D

hence now my hair is very damaged and needs cutting on tuesday!

:D

Hi,

I would leave well alone for a while if your hair is as damaged as you say and concentrate on trying to get some condition and moisture back into it. how you do that depends on how you treat it already. If you use straighteners or hairdryers then try to avoid or use a heat protection product.

Ask the girls in the salon if they can recommend an intensive conditioner from whatever range they use in the salon or can get for you, otherwise a good shop bought one is the Aussie 4 minute miracle.

You don't say how long your hair is, a good cut can help get rid of some of the damage but it'd have to be pretty drastic if the main damage was only 3 months ago! :Scared:

Sorry it's probably not what you want to hear but the brown will probably fade a bit anyway if it was over bleach so you may feel a bit better about it after a few washes. :)

hth
Jacqui

Thx x

Already on the treatments .... Looks like blonde extentions all over lol

Oh dear hun xx

I hear you loud & clear hun:hug:

I was blonde for years - last spring I went mahogany (all pics in my album).
Tues I went and had all my hair cropped off and wanted them to turn me into Sharon Stone! A lovely light blonde.
They said they would not do a full head bleach as it was not good for the scalp & not good for my hair. I last had a brown on it around August, so there was some re-growth.
In the old days, I used to have bleached streaks which came out a fab blonde, but I think the peroxide used in salons today has changed it's strength down to a 12% instead of whatever it used to be, as my streaks done this week have come out the colour of builders sand - they have assured me I will need another lot putting through to bring the blonde back up. More money too! But I'd rather them do it, than knacker my hair up - been there, done that!
Also, consider what shampoo you use as some leave behind a kind of silicone cover on the hair (Pantene) and they will have to strip this out with a shampoo before they can even start on your hair. So change to something else like Herbal Essences if you use the other one.
Vosene, which all my family use & me occasionaly does not remove any colour from your hair does it? That's a new one on me.

the original vosene is quite good at fading colours IMO!

quite a few of the girls and my class (and me!) have used it to great effect! the lecturers suggested this!

one girl had her hair a violet colour and used it to fade that before getting highlights, and it worked wonders! :D

but maybe it depends on the colours that are on your hair? most of them were quasi (demi) colours and so would have faded easier anyway, and mine was a permanant brown over bleach with no pre pigging! so would have faded easier too!

:):hug:

im sorry i cant suggest anything other than dont do it ! im sure the colour will fade , but with the breakage i wouldnt consider trying to lighten it for at least 6 months , unless you r planning on a very very short cut . your best bet is to try and live with it and have the occasional semi to try and even the depth and tone out as its growing

Only use prof shampoos n treatments.....

Have blonde exts in today lol.....

Going to try a colour lift out, a client had one today with gret results and no damage..

Think it was called rusk or something like x

Latest posts

Back