Bruised toe nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolly81

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice with these nails.

My friend asked me to remove some gel polish from her toes (she had done elsewhere) about 3 weeks ago. She said she had done a lot of walking on holiday not in the best shoes and had hurt her toenails.

I when I removed the gel her toe nails looked awful, I wasn't sure if they were infected or just badly bruised. So I advised her not to have anything put on them as she might want to go to the drs.

She is booked in on wed for a Gelish manicure and has txt today to ask if I can do her toes as well. I asked how they are now and she has sent me these pics.

They look better than they did and it does appear to be growing out. Obviously I don't want to do anything with them if there is a chance it would make them worse or if they are infected.

What do you guys think? I'd be really grateful for any advice.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407536127.514666.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407536142.470210.jpg

I did a lot of hillwalking and regularly bruised my big toenails, even had then come off a couple of times due to the bruising. This looks similar.

I did a lot of hillwalking and regularly bruised my big toenails, even had then come off a couple of times due to the bruising. This looks similar.

Thank you, do you think they would be alright with Gelish or should I try and get her a matching polish?

She is going to a wedding and really wants them covered.

X

I have a client who has similar, she is a runner and one of her toe nails came off and is growing back and the other looks similar to your picture. She has Gelish and it covers well. I wouldn't use Gelish if I thought it was fungal or some other infection but bruising is under the nail, so I feel it's ok to use on my client x

If her toenail is causing her any pain, I wouldn't use Gel polish, as gel shrinks as it cures and this could be uncomfortable for her. But yes I would certainly cover it up with a polish, no one wants to see ugly bruised nails lol!

Thanks so much for your replies.

I'll have a good look at them before I do anything but she is pretty sure they are just bruised.

I'll try and find a matching polish.

😃 x

My big toenails have never grown back perfect especially at the side and I still wear gel polish on them (Rockstar look can't be done with normal polish, and I love my glittery toes :) ) but they can feel quite tight ;) when first done.
If you can't find a matching polish I'm sure gel polish will be fine, just not if she is still in pain.

This happened to mine last year in the summer and the whole nail lifted off after like 4 months. Only just grew back in February. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine did the same on both big toes and I kept gelling them until it grew out and they are fine now.

Sent from the catphone

Latest posts

Back