Brunette gone bad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldengoose

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a family member who has had her hair butchered.
She originally had wella KP 4/0 and 5/0
She then had another hairdresser put some bleach in her hair to give some highlights, but from what she describes, the guy took the bleach in her hair and rubbed it everywhere else on her head. To time it, the hairdresser then applied wella 5/ illumina all over.
please see pics. She cried.
She is asking me to fix it but she wants her vergin hair back. She wants a reset.

She does have grey which easily cover too so I was thinking of:

Well color touch 4/ with small amount of /11 for roots
And 5/1 for the rest of the hair.

she will also cut a few inches from the bottom to get rid of the ends.

the thinking is she keeps this going for a year to grow out to her virgin hair whilst maintaining the integrity of the hair.

I know that touch dosen’t stay on long but I am around and family so will maintain it for her for no cost.

Would love some words of wisdom as I am only a few years experience.

Any advise much appreciated!!

Attachments

• 91945DDD-B9FD-4841-B657-1EE48A700F8F.jpeg
    91945DDD-B9FD-4841-B657-1EE48A700F8F.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 66
  • B8E367AB-6D92-4BAB-B961-E43CADD44518.jpeg
    B8E367AB-6D92-4BAB-B961-E43CADD44518.jpeg
    843.9 KB · Views: 62
Hello all,

I have a family member who has had her hair butchered.
She originally had wella KP 4/0 and 5/0
She then had another hairdresser put some bleach in her hair to give some highlights, but from what she describes, the guy took the bleach in her hair and rubbed it everywhere else on her head. To time it, the hairdresser then applied wella 5/ illumina all over.
please see pics. She cried.
She is asking me to fix it but she wants her vergin hair back. She wants a reset.

She does have grey which easily cover too so I was thinking of:

Well color touch 4/ with small amount of /11 for roots
And 5/1 for the rest of the hair.

she will also cut a few inches from the bottom to get rid of the ends.

the thinking is she keeps this going for a year to grow out to her virgin hair whilst maintaining the integrity of the hair.

I know that touch dosen’t stay on long but I am around and family so will maintain it for her for no cost.

Would love some words of wisdom as I am only a few years experience.

Any advise much appreciated!!
That's really not that bad, it sounds worse than it looks haha. I would opt for 4/0 colour touch add 5/1 if you feel it's necessary, but it doesn't look like it needs it in the picture.
Apply to wet hair, on the roots and on the lighter ends leave for 10 mins then apply to the mid lengths for the last 5

That's really not that bad, it sounds worse than it looks haha. I would opt for 4/0 colour touch add 5/1 if you feel it's necessary, but it doesn't look like it needs it in the picture.
Apply to wet hair, on the roots and on the lighter ends leave for 10 mins then apply to the mid lengths for the last 5

Would you recommend that even if the root is not just lighter, but also much warmer then the middle section of the hair?

Would you recommend that even if the root is not just lighter, but also much warmer then the middle section of the hair?
The thing is, by adding 5/1 your root colour is still half a shade lighter than the mid lengths. so she could potentially still have root glow. Maybe opt for 5/0+4/0 on the ends and mid lengths and 4/0+5/1on the root that way it'll be the same shade right the way through. But this will obviously only work providing the mid section is lighter than a level 4.

The thing is, by adding 5/1 your root colour is still half a shade lighter than the mid lengths. so she could potentially still have root glow. Maybe opt for 5/0+4/0 on the ends and mid lengths and 4/0+5/1on the root that way it'll be the same shade right the way through. But this will obviously only work providing the mid section is lighter than a level 4.

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your knowledge. Much much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back