Brush cleaning help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel1981

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I need advice on cleaning my acrylic brush, as the bristles are seperating at the ends, and i cant smooth them together again, and its playing havoc with my smile lines...
its costing me money as i have to replace them....

please help!?:sad:

Hi folks,
I need advice on cleaning my acrylic brush, as the bristles are seperating at the ends, and i cant smooth them together again, and its playing havoc with my smile lines...
its costing me money as i have to replace them....

please help!?:sad:

You are probably using your brush 'against the grain' ... you've lost the flat side and have twisted it in your hand so that it is unhappy and is not working in the way it was trained to do.

Take your brush .. dip it into just-off-the-boil hot water and hold for a few seconds. Take the brush out and flatten the brush and gently remove the water (Make sure you find the flat side again) by stroking the brush out on a dry paper towel and watching that the hairs of the brush lie strraight and comfortably (no twists in the hair, just straight out from the ferrule of the brush) and let dry back into the shape over night.

Lastly remember when you use it not to twist the brush out of shape when working and always keep the hairs of the brush laying straght and true.

One of the worst things people who are not used to using a brush do, is to wipe the brush back and forth between making beads of product. Just wipe once on each side of the flat sides of the brush(if you have to wipe at all) - never back and forth and never bending the hair of the brush. You will just ruin brush after brush that way. HTH

Thanks Gigi, will try that asap! :D

Latest posts

Back