Brush Sizes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady H

Reaction score
Ok this might seem like a daft question to some of you, so I apologise if this is a bit thick!

When I was looking for a new brush recently I discovered there are a load of different sizes available, and I am not sure what they all mean! Does the size refer to the handle size or the brush head size or something else? And what sizes are best for what? Does it depend on your hand size or just preference, or the type of work you want to do?

I think it goes by the brush head, I use the Creative Ultra Sculpture for nearly everything I do, it is a large brush but I find it very easy to control and can get a good bead quite easily so I also use it for infills etc.. as well. Beacause brushes can be expensive before I invested in a new size I went to an art shop and bought different sizes of brush with natural hair, you can get them for about £1.50, have a play with them before you invest. :)

well i have a new brush now anyway as one of the geeks kindly sold me one but I was just wondering for future reference. Cos I have no idea! lol

The size is in relation to the 'brush head'. A smaller brush is good for small nail beds and in-fills, while a bigger brush holds more liquid.
The size of brush you choose is down to your own preference and what you feel comfortable working with.
Hope this helps.

Ok thank you. and just one more question - is size one smallest or biggest brush head? cos some things are backwards like that lol

no, tiniest size is 00000 and they go up to about 20 or so.
you will find though that some brands sizes vary, meaning that an average size 8 brush may be bigger or smaller than that from another company.

I love my pro styler, have tried a couple of others but no thank you, I find it gives me just what I need to work with, bril.:Love:

Susie H said:
I love my pro styler, have tried a couple of others but no thank you, I find it gives me just what I need to work with, bril.:Love:

i think it really is a matter for personal preference isnt it, what one person uses may be totally different to another. i find my pro styler a bit limp, i like a brush with a bit more snap.

thanks for your replies guys, I think I have grasped it now, you learn somethin every day on here dont you?

Latest posts

Back