BSY Diplomas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fats28

Reaction score
Has anyone done any of these diplomas?I've been looking on their website and they seem quite good but are they any use in the real salon world. I am hoping to work mobile and for myself but if I end up employed by will these cut the mustard?I am ready and more than willing for continuous learning in this business so I wouldn't necessarily stop at these but I don't want to waste time. Hope you can help x x

Hello,
I have done Indian head massage, Hopi ear candling, Aromatherapy Facials, Manicure and Pedicure courses with the BSY Group. I really liked doing the courses and there is as much course work as there was when I did training at college for my VCTC cerificates.
Most of their courses have one practicle session to go to, which is perhapes the down side as it is only one day. Having said that as long as you have plenty of people to practice on in your own time you probably wouldn't find it a problem. I also think if I didn't have my VCTC qualifacation in Swedish massage I may have found the others more difficult to do.
Before I did the courses I made sure they were recognised with the Guild of Professional beauty Therapists (which they were).
I found they worked for me, they fitted around my life, but you have to be prepared to push yourself, as there are no deadlines ( although you do have a tutor you can phone).
I work from home, so I don't know whether someone else would employ me, based on these qualifications. I do know that having had various treatments at other salons, that what I offer is better than what I have had :o done.
Good luck.

I did a couple of courses with them one was a basic nail course and the other was skincare or something like that (although never completed them) i was disappointed with the material looked cheaply constructed IMO there were no real pictures illustrating things. I think that not having the practial input and not even any images to compare what you are doing makes it a really difficult course.

i also have experience in the fitness industry ( i used to sell courses) and i know that there course was not recognised in the industry, I am not saying that it is the same for the beauty courses but I would definitley speak to a governing body like Babtac or the guild for advice on its recognition, as you don't want to spend money and find it has been wasted.

HTH

I have done crystal healing, wicca and colour therapy with them. Whilst I have found the course to be informative I have to say that there is no way I could go and practice on clients, there just isn't enough covered to do crystals and colour therapy as a profession.

I think they are a good basis to learn about a given subject and see if that subject appeals to you but you would definately want a more in depth course before undertaking any treatments on clients.

Latest posts

Back