Bubbling nail varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FEEBYBOOFAY

Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

Just a quick question. I have a friend who paints her nails regularly and everytime she does, she gets bubbling of the varnish.

What causes this? I haven't come across this, is it a reaction?

Your replies are appreciates as she is here now and I said that you guys know everything!!

Thank you

Nora

is she putting the layers on too quickly or too thick? is the nail plate oily? does she use something after polishing to speed up dry time? (for example if you don't wait 60 seconds before you spray Solar Speed Spray it can cause bubbles) did she shake the polish bottle?

She doesn't shake the bottle, does use a 60 second spray to speed up drying time but not always and still gets the bubbles. She does use cheaper varnishes... Rimmel etc but she says she can use the same polish on her toes and it's fine.

does she use non-acetone polish remover? some of them are really oily and leave a residue that can cause bubbles. what does she use to clean the nail plate before application?

No she didn't use anything at all really and she hasn't got oily nails..

is she using a fast dry polish then putting a top coat over it? some of the cheap polishes that are fast dry if you dont let them dry between layers or before top coat they wrinkle or bubble

Ok I shall let her know, thanks for your replies:)

your welcome :) hope something helps!!

bubbling polish can be from shaking the bottle and not rolling it between hands to mix. If she is paiting them under a table lamp or even the suns heat can be the culprit.

Latest posts

Back