buffers/files and hygeine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

did i spell that wrong?
probably! lol
anyway what do you all do in terms of using files and buffers on clients with regards to hygiene?
x

When I am finished the service, I use a stiff brush to brush out all dust. Then I spray with the disinfectant Chlor-i-spray on both sides (in front of the client I have just finished) and then again in front of the next client I am just about to start.

I like my cleanliness routine to be in their face, big time!!

Hi, l use a brand new file for every client, and spray my buffers same as Gigi.x

Hi, I do the same.
Brush out dust and spray (LCN mizrokid) and spray again in front of the next client....i do this with all my tools/brushes etc.

Clare

Ditto, as per Geeg, Angie & Clare :)

do you use disposable files?
what about block buffers? new one for every client?
i have bought some plastic boxes-one for each client and will be putting in:
1 white block buffer
1 hoof stick
1 file

but when i want to buff to high shine at the end, i like using jumbo buffers with black, white and grey sides,but i dont want to use a new buffer for every client-it would cost too much!
so what could i do?
what about the leather-y type buffer you can buy? are these ok to sanitise?
or is their another alternative?
x

same, chlorispray for me too

I do not use the same file/buffer/nail brush on other clients - they all have a set for thier own which I bag and name. I spray with disinfectant before and after each service so that my clients can see that I am conscious about hygeine.
Metal implements are disinfected with barbicide which I change regularly. I alos boil my equipment periodically.

A trolley with a load of used files looks unfprofessional IMO.

I do not now nor ever have used a new abrasive for every client. I do not think it is at all necessary unless you are planning to abrade or cut your client whilst filing. If i DID SUCH A THING i WOULD THROW THE IMPLEMENT AWAY.

As stated above, I disinfect between clients and after 3-4 uses I throw the abrasive away.

We are filing PLASTIC, not the clients aren't we? Why would we need to do More than disinfect in between clients?

Hi, I'm new here and also new on the wonderful world of Nails lol :) and learning a lot from reading.

I'm still a student and consider this topic very interesting.

For those of you who bag each customer's tools, what do you do when you have someone new (first time customer) and don't know if for whatever reason that person will not come back? Do you still bag their tools and hope these don't get wasted stored there forever?

Also, how about the files? By what I'm reading I hear that you are spraying the blocks with some type of disinfectant after brusing it off, but how about the file. It ends up looking white from all that nail powder. What do you do to clean that or is the best recommendation to throw it away? Also, I've heard that acrylic brushes are expensive. Is it necessary to have a new brush for each and every customer and if not, how do you clean them and maintain these in good condition?

Sorry for so many questions....entering this forum is like entering another dimension to me LOL so I have many many doubts my friends...so I'll appreciate if I could 'steal' some of your knowledge !

Lamu said:
Hi, I'm new here and also new on the wonderful world of Nails lol :) and learning a lot from reading.

I'm still a student and consider this topic very interesting.

For those of you who bag each customer's tools, what do you do when you have someone new (first time customer) and don't know if for whatever reason that person will not come back? Do you still bag their tools and hope these don't get wasted stored there forever? Good Question! We had over 400 clients in my salon ... can you imagine storing all those? Why?

Also, how about the files? By what I'm reading I hear that you are spraying the blocks with some type of disinfectant after brusing it off, but how about the file. It ends up looking white from all that nail powder. What do you do to clean that or is the best recommendation to throw it away? A good stiff brush gets rid of all the dust and then spray and use again.

Also, I've heard that acrylic brushes are expensive. Is it necessary to have a new brush for each and every customer and if not, how do you clean them and maintain these in good condition? No it is not necessary to use a new brush for each client. Microorganisms do not grow in monomer liquid so there is no need to do more than maintain your brush in a clean condidtion by cleaning in clean monomer before storing flat in a brush case.

Sorry for so many questions....entering this forum is like entering another dimension to me LOL so I have many many doubts my friends...so I'll appreciate if I could 'steal' some of your knowledge !
Welcome to the forum. It is a great comunity and all help is free and factual so just ask.

Wow great!!! Thank you! all the answers I needed!! Love this forum. :wink2:

I started off using knew on each client but as geeg says when your client base grows, where do you store them all. I brush and spray after and before each client, if i do cut a client which is extremley rare i give that file to the client.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back