Buffing cream and 4 way buffer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise26

Reaction score
hi there im at college learning nails at the moment and im looking for the things we use at college so i can practice at home as they was not supplied in our kits as they are supplied at college, well im looking for a kind of grit buffing cream which is Grey in color and a 4 way buffer any one no where i can buy theses from?

Salon Services (aka Sallys)

hi yes i brought some buffing cream from sally's but i cant find any 4 way buffers is there any where online that sell them im after one that white Grey one side and dark black and light black other side as i need to replace my buffer at college :)

im also at college to. and for manicures for buffin i use a Chamois leather buffer (£2 from ebay) , with the buffing cream and works a treat. also tutor reccomed this to

buffing cream:) why do they teach you to use that? seems like a waste of time and money to me, why cant they teach students how to go down with grits when finishing and then use a gloss block or board with good old elbow grease, :hug:

i managed to find a place to buy the stuff from if any one else who is in college training a good place is the edge nails :)

buffing cream:) why do they teach you to use that? seems like a waste of time and money to me, why cant they teach students how to go down with grits when finishing and then use a gloss block or board with good old elbow grease, :hug:

That's how I learned, and I completed my course a couple of months ago :)

i learned to use a buffing paste at college as well but that was (ahem) a while ago. I dont think ive ever used it since. I think glossing blocks and buffers have progressed a lot since then so im not sure there is much need for the paste anymore. Get a decent buffer and a bit of elbow grease, should do the job brilliantly!

Why are they still teaching students these methods if the industry has progressed so much? surely the tutor should be wanting to teach students the most versatile methods for bringing the enhancment to a high shine i.e by either using a high gloss top coat after refining or glossing block.

Really does seem unnecessary and long winded process using buffing cream not to mention cost involved. :irked:

Latest posts

Back