Buffing off gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaH73

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Have killed my nail (not literally) buffed my nsi balance gel off cause it was looking messy but have over buffed and my nail is very tender :cry: and pink on one finger (others okay). The problem is that i found it very hard to tell what was product (after the shine had gone) and what was natural nail :confused: How do you tell :?: :?: :?: and what can i do from preventing this from happening again to either me or clients :?: :?: :?:

Many thanks Ladies

Love Linda xxx :D

Hi Linda,
I would buff the gel down and leave a very thin layer on the natural nail (This can always be soaked off if need be).
Its better to under buff then to take half the natural nail off too.

lell said:
Hi Linda,
I would buff the gel down and leave a very thin layer on the natural nail (This can always be soaked off if need be).
Its better to under buff then to take half the natural nail off too.

Definately agree with you lell for under buffing instead of taking the nail off, owwww, it hurts!!!!

When you say "soak off" can you soak off with acetone a thin layer of gel? I thought that most gel's were file/buff off unless they are one of the soak off types.

It does come with practice (oh god it's the p word again lol) and I can tell easily now which is which. They normally differ greatly in texture and colour, the easiest way to tell is wipe over with scrubfresh, or equivalent, and as it air dries you will be able to see the difference quite clearly. If in doubt then leave it well alone.

Latest posts

Back