Buffing with Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Hi,

Question 1 Do you buff the natural nail lightly during prep? (If nothing on them )

If removing gel polish do you buff shine off prior to soak?

Im a newbie x tia

Hi,

Question 1 Do you buff the natural nail lightly during prep? (If nothing on them )

If removing gel polish do you buff shine off prior to soak?

Im a newbie x tia
I don't buff the natural nail, just the top coat prior to applying acetone soaked cotton wool and foil, for removal x

I was taught in Harmony training to buff over the polish to remove the shine first when doing a removal. And to buff lightly with 100/180 buffer over natural nail before cleansing and putting ph bond on. xx

Paula you manufacturers instructions will tell you to lightly buff the nail to remove shine but many techs on here have found with a really good PEP that this isn't necessary.

I know you've done your shellac training so if you follow you guidelines on PEPing the nail i wouldn't bother with shine removal it should still last fine and will be less damaging to the nail.

You will still have to buff for removal i believe although i think i've read on here and some do and some don't for removal, maybe try both and see what works best for you.

Latest posts

Back