bug buster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will alwasy be people who don't do it,this is why we still have the problem,mumfied headlice were found in the hair in the tombs of ancient Egypt dating back centuries.

I understand your sentiment,however,firstly you will not get insurance most policies will become invalidated if you do not detect headlice upon consultation and terminate the appointment.

Secondly,the nit nurse no longer exists in most schools as the children are not allowed to e touched,as stated previously.

And tbh if i would not react well to someone else offering to do my childs hair ,let alone at a cost.

I'm sorry hun i just don't think it's a good idea.

The best way to iradicate this is forcing the parents to de louse their child,even if it means loosing a day's pay,peeps won't want to keep doing that,but it's too difficult to enforce.

How any parent can allow a parasite to be on their child is beyond me,it makes my skin crawl and imho it's neglect :!:

Schools arent supposed to have nit nurses now the government says yhey are inaffective. However i think you could make a good profit if you go mobile and advertise well . On Newsround(kids tv) they showed a salon specifically for kids with nits -they used mini vacumn cleaners on the hair and it was packed !

The problem here is that the parents who care about this regularly check their kids.
It's the ones who don't give a toss who keep letting them go to school with nits so I don't think these parents would pay for a treatment anyway.

When the nit nurse was part of the community, children were sent home from school until the parents dealt with it and got rid of them.....best way, that's how they dealt with it at the nursery my children went to.

The onus is on the parents to deal with it.....I comb Laura through 3 times a week and I still pull out lice and eggs, you think they're gone but one touch of the head from a child who hasn't been deloused and you're back to square 1.

Everytime I wash my hair I pull the comb through my own hair and even this morning I pulled out some lice.

With the boys it's not so bad as they don't have as much hair for the lice to crawl through and live in....but it's a constant battle with Laura as she has long hair.

i had a constant battle with my younger daughter. my older daughter uses quite a few products on her hair and has never had a problem. a hairdresser told me that i should spray my daughters hair with hairspray ever morning as they don't like the taste and it is quite effective. she had visitors again a couple of weeks ago and we got rid of them again! (i now use full marks 10 minute solution and that stuff is brilliant-gets rid of them in one application). she had an appointment at the hairdressers and her hair was checked in the morning and it was clear. she had been at the hairdressers for over an hour and they had almost finished her hair when i noticed a couple of stylists going through her hair. i went over and they told me she had nits and i had to leave immediately. they didn't even brush her hair and it was sticking up all over the place. i was fuming. i emailed their head office and a few days later the manager from the shop rang me and apologised. he wasn't in that day otherwise it wouldn't have happened. he said they had spotted a couple of eggs but she had her hair cut, blow dried and straightened and it was only noticed right at the end. anyway he did her hair for free a couple of days later(she had wanted a side fringe put in which they were gonna do after it had been straightened). just shows that people still think it is dirty and that nits can jump! if even hairdressers think this then i can't see too many people admitting to the fact that their kids have nits and wanting treatment.

im sorry 2 hear that hope u didnt pay the first time after all bit late when nearly finished. :eek:
im going 2 check my insrurance cover in the morning and then go from there im doing a leaflet to take round about zapping the little monsters maybe do it voluntary at first see wot the outcome is check it out with parents wot they think r v

Latest posts

Back