bug buster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deehair

Reaction score
hi every body does anybody remember the nit nurse well i do even though i used to run from her haha

i was sat here 2day and thought of approuching the local schools to offer the service 2 blitz those nits wot u lot think and wondering wot 2 charge
coz it costs a 10.00 pound a bottle of lotion and docs in my area dont prescribe it anymore they recomend using conditioner coz of bugs are prone to it now so wot u think v
s

reckon the parents will most likely do it, did the nit nurse charge? I have never met one, so don't know. PLus you'd need to be registered and insured. Dont reckon you'll make your millions on it hun, in my opinion xxx

i thought parents wold do it i do my sons aged 3 every other day with conditioner but apparently there r parents out therethat dont bother

Maybe you could approach your childs school and express your concern? They might send out a newsletter :) xx

I would be surprised if the schools will let you as it will infringe the childrens human rights or something.

The schools are not even allowed to tell a parent if they see lice on their children - they just send a letter home to everyone.

I doubt it would be allowed as they can't administer any drugs or anything in schools now. The only thing they do in any accident is apply a damp paper towel.
Even offering this as a mobile service could be a problem with insurance and checks for working with children?
It has worked in the US in some places apparently.
Parents are paying for delousing salons when kids have lice problem : Health : Ventura County Star
Maybe you could find out more on this site?
The ParentsCentre Forum: Nits and the nit nurse (Forum)

The problem is a monster one as so many parent's don't comb their children through, so it just goes round and round......I fight a constant war with the crawlies!

i have heard from other parents i no of that their r regluar letters go out every week which is annoying 2 parents that do there childrens hair my mum used 2 :eek:n my 3 sisters every sunday the stuff she used stank vile haha

hi there, when there was a really bad nit outbreak at my childrens school (juniour) my friend and i, both experianced hairdressers offered (for free) to go into school and nit check all the kids, we were told this wasnt allowed because it is now considered ' prejudice' !!! never heard anything like it !

i think its a good idea, like someone above said approach the schools, and offer ur service and it will more than likely be brought up at the next ppc meeting, it would be good if you could go along 2 that meeting and talk the parents round, it would benefit evryone in the long run, price will probably be the only quibble, as some parents i suppose may find it expensive?? great idea though x

i was thinking maybe £ 5.00 per treatment in my local and surrounding area as there is no traveling then if intrest comes from further a field charge £7/8 it costs a tenner a bottle a lotion so they will benefit in the long term maybe give a discount for families of 4 before i do it though check out wot the parents think thanxs 1999judy i read the articles the salon in question does 100 clients a week offering bug busting
thank you for all replys to this subject keep them coming wot do u lot think of my possible pricing

hi how much do u think l shud charge hope i havent afended u coz of idea:cry: im in manchster

I think I might have missed my way in life.....
Doing this just becomes natural to me!!
BOYS...you shave their hair off to a number 1...
and then proceed
Girls...hmm a bit more dodgy. Do all you can and when they cry.. ignore and continue.
You got to be a likkle bit cruel to be kind??
Works for me anyways.
NO I am not cruel mum just a caring one that doesn't like bugs.
No worries so far.
And certainly doesn't want them in her own hair!! (lots of snuggles equals lots of nits)

hi how much do u think l shud charge hope i havent afended u coz of idea:cry: im in manchster

don't be daft :hug:....well i do my kids hair every week and i have 3 girls with waist length thick hair....so i don't think there would be enough money in the world to pay someone to do it..:lol:

a friend of mine shaved her girls hair off when they kept getting them while in primary then when schoool pulled her she told them y she did it drastic i no but she spent 3days aweek doing her girls hairs :eek: she has 6 children dont no maybe fed up week after week and then snapped i surposed

That is extreme and the trauma that might have caused her is unthinkable...poor love.

It can be controlled but it does have to be done once a week....its part of out routine now and we have been nit free for ages.

:cry: i know im gonna have a feel about this week and go from there c wot happens :smack: if schools not intrested then approch the parents with a leaflet drop :eek: keep the replys coming everybody rt t

hi ya im a newbe, but just reading ur post, its a fab idea. but the best thing for u to do would be more to educate the teachers and parents. because if parents knew that the lotions were a short term investment - my sons school send letters home weekly with bug problems. the most long term comes from home. using a nit comb everyday on the child, breaks the lice legs and then therefore cannot breed. but its down to parents to teach their children get into the habit. look up some details, research it and send in some really handy hints. "just when they walk in the door just go get the knit comb" for example the hair doesnt have to even be wet with conditioner. using tea tree shampoo - they hate the smell. keep the hair tied up every day at school . :idea: hope it works out cos they are a beastly problem xxx

Latest posts

Back