build stress points on gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Reaction score
I have recently passed acrylics with creative with only had a few goes at gels and they were just overlays on toes what im wondering is and when u place the tips on the nail do u apply it the same as as doing an overlay or do u have to build the stress point i have dont my own nails it took my 20 mins each finger to to a rebalance and i have found the stress point is a little flat they have not broken/chipped they are very strong as i got a new phone yesterday and i gave the sales girl me number as she wants them as she liked my nailsany advice or tios u gave give me would be greatly aporeaciated thanks

gels do need to be as thick as l&p in the stress area, otherwise you will find they will break easily. if you havent done any trainining with gels yet,bell, i wouldnt be offering them to any clients until you understand the basics of your application. for a start go into the forums and click onto tutorials,read geegs info on gels, also do a search on gels, theres alot of info available for you. this info plus gel training is essential. hth
icon_smile.gif

ive been using gels for over 18 months now......and i still get probs with them breaking over tips.....and trust me i have used every brand going:Scared: near on !!!!

so i'm thinking it's gotta b my application !! some gels are very difficult to build up ....some arent....trial and error have a play!

Amb xxx

if the gel you're using is runny it can make it hard to get a good apex/stress area.
if you work on one nail at a time it might help you a bit, when you have the apex how you want it try freeze curing the nail for 10 seconds before moving on to the next nail, it will hold the gel in place but won't be cured properly until you do a full cure.

ValencianNails said:
when you have the apex how you want it try freeze curing the nail for 10 seconds before moving on to the next nail, it will hold the gel in place but won't be cured properly until you do a full cure.

this is a great idea...i did this to start with, and still do if i'm having an off day!!! it really does help!

As Valencian Nails said, freeze the gel for 10 seconds. Gel does self level. You apply more gel in the stress area and befor you know it, it has leveled out and the whole nail can be too thick.

Remember too that gel is stronger in several medium levels as apposed to one thick one. For my clients who break nails often, i will do two to three medium layers. In my experience i have found making the sides a little thicker does wonders, remembering to keep the sides nice and straight too.

When doing a set of tips, apply your fist layer to zone 2, dont be too fussy with it, cure and then another layer on zone two and 1 (free edge) and then your final layer can over the entire nail, perfecting the shape.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back