Building dilemma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astarstyle

Reaction score
OK geeks... what to do?

We have been doing some 'home improvements':rolleyes: and now need a couple of rooms replastered. I have had a quote from a builder who does plastering but admitted to me that he only plasters now and again as he doesn't get much call for it.... but he is always busy with other building work as I see his van everywhere so must be ok. I have also had a quote from a handy man/plasterer who is qualified to do the work and does plastering day in day out.... (he's also a bit cheaper lol).

So do I go with everyday experience or well known but rarely?

I don't want to have to pay for someone else to do it again if it's not done well :|

OK geeks... what to do?

We have been doing some 'home improvements':rolleyes: and now need a couple of rooms replastered. I have had a quote from a builder who does plastering but admitted to me that he only plasters now and again as he doesn't get much call for it.... but he is always busy with other building work as I see his van everywhere so must be ok. I have also had a quote from a handy man/plasterer who is qualified to do the work and does plastering day in day out.... (he's also a bit cheaper lol).

So do I go with everyday experience or well known but rarely?

I don't want to have to pay for someone else to do it again if it's not done well :|

Go with the everyday experience and don't pay up front wait until the work is complete and you are happy with it. My OH half works in the building game and this is what he said is your best option. Also if they ask for payment upfront ask if you can pay half before job starts and half at the completion. HTH

Thanks for the advice... still stressing though as it's quite a bit of money.

Anybody else have any experience in this area?

Thanks in advance x

ask friends to recommend someone to you, otherwise I'd go with the plasterer rather than the builder - master of one rather than jack of all iykwim .

Latest posts

Back