Building gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulgirl

Reaction score
Hello to you all, what I wanted to ask you is which kind of building gel do you like best? A thicker gel or a more fluid one??:confused:
The reason why I'm asking this is because altough I like fluid the best, easier to apply, I think the thicker one is more reliable when filing and shapping after curing and before gloss.
And one more thing, does anyone use Professionails?
If so, which building gel do you think is better for pink and whites?
I have been using the french pink build, but am not very happy with it. Too transparent. :cry:
Give me your opinions!
Thanks

Hiya hun,
I've just started used the Professionails - which system are you using - Protech (all in one) or Perfection (3 stage)? I decided to go with the Protech but have got a soft pink build gel which I use by treating the clear Protech as my base layer.
The soft pink build is quite opaque and gives quite a soft, almost whitish tone to the overall nail (almost too white to be honest, but it depends on personal taste), I also have the Protech all-in peach which I quite like. In what way do you think the french pink is too transparent - does it not give as much of a pink blush as you would like?
If I can I'll do three nails today - one clear, one peach and one soft pink so you can see the difference.
Also, when you say 'fluid' or 'thick' are you referring to Pronails gels or gels in general? Out of interest, which would you class the Pronails ones as? I'd say they're about right, but I certainly wouldn't want them to self level anymore as I tend to hold my own fingers at the wrong angle, play with the gel for too long, and then find I've slippped it all over to one side :D But that's just my bad technique!
Lol x

Hi there bimbogeri, I never used the soft pink build because it just appeared now in the catalogue. It's brand new here in portugal. But I have been using the french pink and I think it is too thick and sometimes gets harder to work with.
In my oppinion the pronails gels are medium thick, for example I have NSi Balance basic clear and it is very fluid. Almost too much I'd say!
About the french pink being transparent I meant that for someone who has a very whitish nailbed it doesn't get very pink. In those cases I would really like a gel that has a more pronounced pink tone. Which from pronails do you recomend for this effect?
And also, is the soft pink more fluid than the french pink? I have been using the perfect system, the only one I have from protech is the Protech UV gloss. I was thinking of going to Pronails this monday to get some building gel and I have a bit of doubts about which one to choose.

If you could do those nails with both 3 gels it would be great! I would really appreciate it!:)

I do think the Perfection gels are possibly a bit thicker than the Protech ones, at least my soft pink build seems to be a bit thicker than my Protech gels. I've been rushed off my feet today but will try to whizz off three nails tonight - if it's OK I'll do a french manicure on a couple of tips and post a pic showing tip with no gel, one with soft pink, and one with Protech peach. To be honest if you're looking for a pinker tone then the soft pink build might not be the thing to go for, it might be too whitish. If you visit www.pronails.co.uk they have a message board which Gina, the UK distributor posts onto - if you ask there someone might have more of a clue which one to go for.
Of course there is also the 'normal' pink build gel that might have more colour to it. Because the soft pink and french pink are slightly camouflaging (yay, spelt it right for once I think!) they are a bit more opaque and so possibly creamier rather than pinker.
I'll do my best to get those nails done!
Lol x

Hi there bimbogeri, I hope you can post the nails pics tonight then!
It would really help!
I'll be waiting for them ok?
Thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back