bullion beads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
hi gals, just wondered if you could answer my question?? wot do u do with bulion beads. I thought they were too small to do anything with, never used them so ideas please. are they the same as chunky glitter?

Also do you know where you can buy dried flowers for nailart.

I think that our fellow geeks Gracy and Glorsclaws sell the dried flowers, but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will let us know lol!

I haven't used them but I have seen them used in a small group as the center of flowers, to outline designs, to create abstract art, used as a 'faux' smile line. They are pretty small beads though but I am trying to find some now myself.

Judy

Hi

I managed to find some in our local arts and crafts shop. You could try there. They also had really fine glitter dust too... and a selection of acrylic paints. I've not used the bullions yet, bought them coz they looked good and was sure I'd be able to use for something!!!

Jackie at Liberty nails sells bullion beads, she has some in geekbay right now.
They are fiddly to use but do look effective.
The flowers you can get from NSI or as Sarah said, Gracy and Glorclaws sell them too

Hiya,
Dawn and I do sell dried flowers, heres my latest ... Xmas red but, they are going real fast, lol!
With regard to bullion be careful if you go for the metallic colours, I bought some gorgeous purple, went over it with top coat... was careful to float it over and all that, and all the colour ran out of it.
So, if going for colour make sure you get the little 'glass' ones. I know Chocolate sells these.

Attachments

• xmas reds.jpg
    xmas reds.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 94
Hai I us bullions a lot when I make some 3D flowers.
for the hart off the flowers
ore
I used them for decorations on the nail.
I just have a picture uploaded here by nailart:)

I dont now how to put the picture here.;(

You can also buy the tiny pressed flowers from Pronails. I use Bullion now and again - mainly for outlining - looks really effective.

one of my clients likes to have the bullion put around the smile line on her ring fingers, we call them tiara's. they look quite cool, it's a bit too blingy on all nails for everyday, but just on ring fingers it draws attention to wedding ring, and makes ure nails look like a right royal pair! LOL!

I use bullion in the centre of small designs such as holly leaves. I don't buy mine from a nail art supplier as I find it too expensive, I buy mine from http://lynnr-papercrafts.co.uk/web/index.htm, they also have them in loads of colours. I don't know if anyone else has a problem applying them because they can be extremely fiddly and a nightmare if you drop them, but I have sussed out that if you use a really small brush and some dust mixer you can pick the beads up and place them on the nail without them moving around too much, this also seems to stop the colours from running.

Latest posts

Back