Bumpy skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monikinha

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have oily skin with very small bumps all over my face and decolotage(is that how you spell it??), and my skin looks rough, and maybe even mature. I also have blackheads.(Yes, I know I am in need of a facial, although I do scrub etc at home.)

Anyway....Recently I went to a health/beauty salon to buy some makeup, and was kindly informed by the therapist that the reason my skin looked the way it did was due to too much sugar/carbs in my diet. She suggested I go on a detox diet, and cut down sugar and eat more green leafy veg, drink lots water....and I would see an improvement.

She said I had good skin, but it was definitely being affected by my diet.

It isn't acne (doctor confirmed this), although I did suffer from mild acne a while back.

What do you think? Is this something you see quite frequently?

I would really love your help or any advice.

Leaving traces of makeup - facial products - not removing/cleansing environmental impurities can cause your skin to become sluggish/sallow or active.
Combine diet & lifestyle with this & it becomes, skin fitness routine.

Leafy greens[anti-oxidants] & clear fluids[water] flush your system aiding healthy regeneration of skin

HtH

XX J XX

Thing is I lead a healthy lifestyle, exercise regularly, diet is okay not terrible.

I dont smoke and drink once in a blue moon.

Always remove my makeup.

So if I become superhealthy my skin will improve?

I suppose I should invest in better cleanser etc....

Just wanted to know if that carb/sugar thing is true?

i am not any skin geek but if my skin came up like this the first thought for me would be that i might be alergic to something

hope it gets better soon xx

Thanks...never thought of that

I guess it has been like this for so long, I thought it was just bad skin.

My doctor is sending me for some blood tests, mayb smtg will come up....

What crossed my mind was your hair. Do you have long hair or do you use products like wax or gel on it? Have you recently changed shampoo or conditioner?

Just a thought. Hope you get it sorted out.

Its not recent I've had this for a while.

Use salon shampoo, same brand for ages no problems.

Thanks for your advice and help.

Its nothing major, just a bit unpleasant. There are worse things in the world...

Latest posts

Back