Business card design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Hey geeks, tried searching but as iPhone app users know its a little pants.
Anyway, i want new business cards for the new year, something that stands out, the type that once you've seen it its always there. If you turn away its in the corner of your eye, you I to a shop and you notice it in someone's purse when they are at the till.
Can anyone show me theirs?
At the minute mine are plain boring white with purple swirls, salon name, my name, address and phone numbers. Kind of like everyone's. I want unusual xoxo

These are mine x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355863070.289283.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355863070.289283.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 357
I don't have any myself, but I know a few people who recommend this company:

MOO | Custom Business Cards, MiniCards, Postcards and more... | moo.com

They should have a gallery section which might give you some inspiration.

Or how about something REALLY different:

51 Unique Business Cards That Will Make Your Mind Explode | Inspiration

Iv tried moo. Feel like an idiot because I go moo every time I go on it. Love the sound of my head exploding though, excited to click the link xoxo

Some amazing designs. Think some like the steel ones would be expensive xoxo

LOL, I liked the biscuit ones, but don't think they'd last too long! :)

LOL, I liked the biscuit ones, but don't think they'd last too long! :)

Lol me too, I don't like biscuits, I'd worry about them going off or people thinking they are normal cards and getting crumbs in their bag xoxo

Unfortunately I do like biscuits, so that'd be fatal!

Just wondering - your usual business cards, are they one sided, or do you have it so your customers can write their appointment dates/times on the other side?

How about jazzing them up with having a cut out on there? Pair of scissors (bit cheesy) I know, but bold colours, appointments on the back.

Different type of card.
Different shape.
Fold out cards
Have them like the (ssssh Superdrug) loyalty card - with a mirror on the back so they can see their fabulous new hair?
Something in a completely different shape like: twointhebush-business-cards.jpg

Just some ideas.....

Unfortunately I do like biscuits, so that'd be fatal!

Just wondering - your usual business cards, are they one sided, or do you have it so your customers can write their appointment dates/times on the other side?

How about jazzing them up with having a cut out on there? Pair of scissors (bit cheesy) I know, but bold colours, appointments on the back.

Different type of card.
Different shape.
Fold out cards
Have them like the (ssssh Superdrug) loyalty card - with a mirror on the back so they can see their fabulous new hair?
Something in a completely different shape like: View attachment 24819

Just some ideas.....

Ooh what a fab idea! Like a Hollywood mirror and look how great you look written on to look like lipstick xoxo

Ooh what a fab idea! Like a Hollywood mirror and look how great you look written on to look like lipstick xoxo

There you go see! Perfect :)

you need to get in touch with Carl (Extensionize), from here.. brilliant designer, top class service, for the same, or less you would pay VistaPrint etc

www.printing.com

A franchise of this company designed my business cards, logo and price lists and it is brilliant.
I wasted a bit of money on complete time wasters with no good ideas, but Lincoln was amazing, you will pay more than Vista Print etc but the quality is great and you know that all your material is a one off and no one can copy it!

I got an offer of 1000 spot gloss business cards(with appointments on the reverse) for about £90 - and everybody comments how nice they are!

They also do 5000 flyers for £99!! Great for doing mail drops at this time of year or in Jan!

I have moo ones and have a really high quality images on one side then text on the other. It makes a big difference x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share my business cards with everyone! I got these designed on fiverr.com by a designer called dolce2011, I paid him $5 per side! Supplied him with what I wanted and he came up with this! I actually got my logo made on fiverr.com also, as the one I got from Verve wasn't any good.
u2y3etad.jpg

Oh- thanks! :) Ah well, can't please them all.

Little word of warning though. Whilst not true in ALL cases- many of the designers you'll use on places like that are based in India or China (or Croatia in this chap/chapesses case), and whilst there's nothing wrong with that per se- it's a fact that they're more "lax" about using copywritten items as there are different laws in different places.

I.e. the copyright law isn't the same in China as it is here or in the US- so while they might not be doing anything wrong. You might by using them in the UK.

Please do make sure they're using legal photos, vector images AND fonts before proceeding. People on fiverr make $1 per "gig" (which is what they call a sale) that's not even a quid- so they'll be tempted to cut corners, as there's simply no way they can use legal stock images for that fee. Only "satisfied" customers can leave feedback- and some of the reviews on independent sites are worrying.

Again, not saying this is the case here, glad you've had a good experience (and surprised you didn't with me, rather wished you'd mentioned it to me so I could put it right! :)- but just thought I'd mention it as I've had a client recently who used a similar service and had that dreaded Getty letter!

Last edited:
Oh- thanks! :) Ah well, can't please them all.

Little word of warning though. Whilst not true in ALL cases- many of the designers you'll use on places like that are based in India or China, and whilst there's nothing wrong with that per se- it's a fact that they're more "lax" about using copywritten items as there are different laws in different places.

I.e. the copyright law isn't the same in China as it is here or in the US- so while they might not be doing anything wrong. You might by using them in the UK.

Please do make sure they're using legal photos, vector images AND fonts before proceeding.

Do you have a website?

yes he does,verveprint.co.uk...fab service xx

Latest posts

Back