Business loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle83

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I don't come on here very often asking for advice, but here goes.

I was in hospital for 2 weeks and due to this lost a lot of clients. I would say probably half. I sent them all a letter explaining what had happened and apoligized. The half that I lost either made some silly excuse or just didn't even bother to reply.

Since then I am struggerling to get my client base back up to what it was and so just asking for any advice on how to build it back up. I originally got my client base by them following me from a salon and then through them giving word of mouth.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle.

Hya,

Advertising online is a great way to gain new clients, there's some paid sites but some sites you pay a small amount to.

You could also offer your existing a free treatment for every three clients they recommend you to.

You can also set up a facebook page for your business too.

Hope this helps, theres so many things you can do so don't worry. Its always nice to have new clients.

Let me know if you want more info.

Natasha

The Trusted Beauty Guide

Why not send them a voucher for £10 off their next treatment, but put a close slosing date on it, to bring them back to you quickly. This can also work with a 'recommend a friend' scheme, offer them a half price rebalance or infill if you only do nails, when they come back with a friend. I have been in hospital in the past and myclients were so kind, but I did have other staff to cover for me. Hope this helps

Hi Everyone

I don't come on here very often asking for advice, but here goes.

I was in hospital for 2 weeks and due to this lost a lot of clients. I would say probably half. I sent them all a letter explaining what had happened and apoligized. The half that I lost either made some silly excuse or just didn't even bother to reply.

Since then I am struggerling to get my client base back up to what it was and so just asking for any advice on how to build it back up. I originally got my client base by them following me from a salon and then through them giving word of mouth.

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle.

If they like your service they should come back, two weeks is nothing, what if you were to go on holiday!

A voucher is ok but state its for a mini treatment or something. Only give something that does not cost you outright, so you could offer a decent more expensive treatment and throw in something that cost you little for free, it all sounds good.

Waxing and things like that are good as they get good results and little product is used.

Get them back...

Su x

To lose half your client base in two weeks is really odd.

I'd sit it out for now and slowly catch up...but like the poster above, if you find they aren't coming back then you ought to marketing them more aggresively with offers etc.

Hi

Thank you for all your advice. I have already tried the discounts and offering special deals but has not worked. Will try all other suggestions. Anything to be busy again.

In answer to your question regarding my client loss is because I'm usually mobile but after being in hospital I was not aloud/able to drive for 4-6 weeks after so I asked people if they would come to me for the time being. That's how I lost my clients.

I have always offered a professional and friendly service and have gone out of my way to do the best for my clients. I mainly do Gel nail extensions but also all other beauty treatments. I have done this for nearly 9 years and have been mobile for 18 months.

I hope this information will help you understand more and hopefully help you to help me and also clarify that I haven't lost my clients because I give a bad service or am rubbish at nails as I'm guessing that has what been presumed :p

X
Posted via Mobile Device

Also just to add have been on the Minx nail course today to offer a new service to try get more clients and offer my existing clients something new as no one else in my area is doing it x
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back