Business plan for job interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingfairy

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Sorry if this is a silly question but.... I have just had a phone call inviting me to a job interview next week and they have asked me to bring a business plan with me.

I know i will have to do a little more research on the company and on business plan writing but can any of you lovely geeks suggest ideas of the type of information i can include?

Thanks a million xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

why do you need to write a business plan for a job interview? Is it a management position?

Its an assistant manager position. Im a little confused as to what i need to put in it though, i know a little about the company from internet research but not the financial information x

Well you can't put a business plan togeether unless they are prepared to give you access to their finances.

Perhaps they want a promotional plan from you and how you intend to take their business to the next level should you be offered the position, this I have heard of at interview.

You need to find out what treatments/products are being offered and create a marketing plan arounnd these treatments eg you could offer a free product with a facial, a lot of product providers will work with you on these promotions, try setting out at least a 6 month schedule of promotions with details of how you would execute them them via open evenings etc.....

Does that make sense??

Last edited:
Have you asked them to clarify what they want? A promotional / marketing plan is very different from a business plan!
It might be worth being honest and asking them what their expectations are. This would serve two purposes -
1) saving you doing a load of work (and stress) doing something that might not be right and,
2) demonstrating that you are a potential assistant manager who is honest and who is assertive enough to ask for clarification when needed!

Good luck with it!

I think they have got their wires crossed. You can only do a business plan for your own business, and you dont want to do that! Thats your private information, not theirs.

I think what they want is to know what you propose to do in your new role. ie how to handle staff, what you can do to motivate them, get them to work as a team etc etc.

Hope it works out for you, if it is what you want.

Thank you all so much, yes i guess a promotional plan does make much more sense.

I will give them a call in the morning to clarify, like you say its better to be upfront and honest.

Thanks for all your advice xxx

This is quite common practice with one large company that operate in department stores. They basically want to see how you would opperate the business becuase if its doing what i think it is its basically run like a franchise and they want to see what you can bring to them, you can fiind lots of info online but really do your research on the company. If you can get the inside line from anybody that works for them company so just see if you know anybody who may have a business plan outline! lt us know how you get on xx

Thankyou so much, i'll make a start on my research and then be able to pull it together at the weekend into some sort of plan.

Ive never done a plan before so am quite looking forward to it, good experience anyway i guess :) xx

Latest posts

Back