Business start up grants

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber2007

Reaction score
Has anyone had a grant to set up there business or know anything about them please xx

I have been accepted for a loan from a company called School for Startups. If you would prefer a grant then you could try the Princes Trust.

I have been accepted for a loan from a company called School for Startups. If you would prefer a grant then you could try the Princes Trust.

was this easy to get and same as normal type loan like repayment terms

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi

I had one, it took two interviews, a detailed business plan, plus other paperwork like income n expenditure for the home/family then one for the business as I was going to be a sole trader, list if the items you wanted to buy with the grant and how they will help the business. It's not easy as so many people are applying.

Anyway I got a grant for almost 1k and cos sweet squared was out of stock - I could not buy the items in two months, I lost it!!!!!!!!! Im still sore about that.

I then reapplied and got it for different items from a different company.
It's tough getting a grant but if it was not, people would take advantage.

I don't know where else people find grants from - I called the council for mine, they gave me a number for a company they give money to do grants on their behalf.

was this easy to get and same as normal type loan like repayment terms

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app
I found the process to be good. I had to submit a cash flow which was challenging but they go through it with you over the phone. The loan has low interest which is why I went for it. The company also gives you your own mentor and mine has been great so far. I'm going to a business boot camp day in November and I can't wait. Xx

Latest posts

Back