Businesses that run from a garden studio/log cabin - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have a treatment room within my town centre studio but it's way too big and getting in and out of town to work is a total nightmare so I end up turning jobs down because it's too much hassle to drive 40 minutes there, set it all up etc and leave my husband with our two young children for way longer than any of us ideally want.

So.. it's always been a dream of mine to work from home but from a garden room, I just love them! These days it doesn't seem to be such an issue and there's so many beauty businesses running from them. What I want to know is - how??? Where do I even start and what do I need to do in what order. Is it worth it, or in hindsight do you wish you hadn't of bothered? Pros and cons? How much should I budget? I don't want one that looks like a garden shed! Please help!! Thank you x

First thing you need to do is check with your local council, your mortgage and household insurance. Get these things in place before you even start looking at buildings etc and you’ll save yourself a lot of time and money :)

Latest posts

Back