Buying CND Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope your all having a productive day.
Wanting to know, I had a client come In and she said that you can buy cnd shellac off of aliexpress. I checked and it looks the same.
What's everyones thoughts..

You can buy anything you want on Aliexpress, but whether it's the real thing or not is unlikely. If something is too good to be true, it usually is. Are you willing to risk your business reputation to save a couple of pounds? There are lots of threads on here relating to similar questions.

Thanks for your reply. I don't actually use CND Shellac, but was wondering if it was the real thing how can they sell it on aliexpress. At the salon suppliers it costs au$xxx on ali its around $xxx - $xxx.

[no trade prices please, thanks]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply. I don't actually use CND Shellac, but was wondering if it was the real thing how can they sell it on aliexpress. At the salon suppliers it costs au$xxx on ali its around $xxx - $xxx.

[no trade prices please, thanks]

I think you’ve just answered your own question then ;)

My philosophy is, always purchase from a reputable supplier.

If not from a reputable supplier, the product may be a fake and/or stolen. That's why the pricing can be lower. HTH! :)

Just a comment on AliExpress, Wish etc. Anyone buying a cosmetic product and importing it into the UK also assumes the legal responsibility for it if it harms the health of clients. Insurance will be invalid as it is not a legal product in the EU and registered with CPNP.

Hello...only one genuine distributer here & that's Sweetsquared..

I was only asking as I thought CND was only sold through proper distributors. The one on Aliexpress is spelt the same and everything. I'm not using it,
I thought that would come under false advertising and how do they get away with it.

I was only asking as I thought CND was only sold through proper distributors. The one on Aliexpress is spelt the same and everything. I'm not using it,
I thought that would come under false advertising and how do they get away with it.

They probably get away with it because cnd doesn't have a patent in China, and they don't sell there. And so any lawsuit they might try to throw at the company that is making these fake Shellacs isn't enforceable. It's just about using some common sense online, buying only from the official distributor in your country.

Latest posts

Back