Cabin salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning! You are very lucky! Hot tub and everything! Can I come and work there? :lol: sorry I mean live there! :)
I bet your clients love it! Where is your desk from? I love it, I'm going walnut and cream in my cabin and I am in love with your desk!

Hi

Thank you, I love it too (and my sister!!!)

My nail bar is actually a console table from Dunelm Mill, I too wanted something that would match in with the room and didnt look too clinical and this works perfectly for me.

H xx

Hi everyone, I'm reading this thread with great interest. And loving your beautiful salons. I'm creating a business plan at the moment with the goal of opening a log cabin salon. I have a quick question to ask about flooring. Do I need to put something down between the floor of the cabin and my chosen flooring (probably laminate). There's so much to think about, I'm starting to confuse myself!

Hi everyone, I'm reading this thread with great interest. And loving your beautiful salons. I'm creating a business plan at the moment with the goal of opening a log cabin salon. I have a quick question to ask about flooring. Do I need to put something down between the floor of the cabin and my chosen flooring (probably laminate). There's so much to think about, I'm starting to confuse myself!

I would tbh. Gives extra protection and warmth. We laid marine ply over the existing summerhouse floor, then laminate on top of that, obviously with the appropriate underlay first (which if anyone interested we got from Ikea at around £3 a square metre and is identical to our old lounge flooring at £17 a square metre!!)

HTH :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Heatherp I absolutely LOVE your cabin. Perfect

That's great Planky, thank you.

Loving all your garden treatment rooms, they look fab....

I was thinking about a garden office for a treatment room too, just thinking really, but just seen a thread asking about contents insurance. Do you guys have a separate business contents insurance for your summer house treatment rooms, or does it go on your personal household insurance...?
Thanks

Oh I so so so want a log cabin salon! How I wish I had a garden!! Yours are Beautiful!! Xx

I'm just in the process of doing something like this myself in my garden

I have been tanning for 14 months just got married so now have more money available as I'm not saving hard for the wedding

I'm going for a 20x10 size shouldn't be to big & I'm separating the areas so a beauty/treatment room/tanning area & waiting area

I'm doing mine out shabby chic

Can't wait the base for it is going down the week after next.

It is a lot of money a big outlay mine is prob going to cost finished in the region of £5000 but I looked at a room that was £400 a month & makes sense to do this & I have the room in my garden

I'm just in the process of doing something like this myself in my garden

I have been tanning for 14 months just got married so now have more money available as I'm not saving hard for the wedding

I'm going for a 20x10 size shouldn't be to big & I'm separating the areas so a beauty/treatment room/tanning area & waiting area

I'm doing mine out shabby chic

Can't wait the base for it is going down the week after next.

It is a lot of money a big outlay mine is prob going to cost finished in the region of £5000 but I looked at a room that was £400 a month & makes sense to do this & I have the room in my garden

Yours sounds like it will be lovely!

I have a friends husband who's a joiner and electrician custom building one for me. At the moment it's got a base and two out of the four walls up! Mine is 14 x 10 which is quite a big size but enough without swamping the garden. I have a main room for my bed and desk and then two small cupboard sized areas - one for my tan tent and one for storage of equipment, stock and a coffee machine.

I'm going for a log cabin style - I love all the fancy wallpapers etc but I want it to feel tranquil and not "busy"

Can't wait! As you say they're expensive but nothing compared to rent!

x

I just bought my cabin yesterday! From duster house! Only a small one but I am sooo excited! I know exactly how you feel with the dreaming about it and how you want it to look! Go for it really persuade your husband! It will be cheaper than renting a space or even a salon so really talk up the pros of having a cabin and a dedicated space where you can work, not interfering with home life as its separate etc. is there not something he really wants? He could maybe totally get it if you got your cabin! :lol: x

Purely being nosey but how would you get electric into it?? Can an electrician get the electrics out to it??

Looks fab by the way . . bit jealous! xx

Bump.

I'm planning on a cabin salon, too (held back because of the lousy Scottish spring time snow :grr:)

Anyway, would love to see any more pics of outbuilding or cabin salons? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

All these look amazing guys!!! They really do!
I just want to warn you though last year we paid a company a lot of money to build a cabin for us and I am afraid they were rogue traders took our money and ran I am left with a shell of poo that is not structurally sound and the electrics have not been done properly and the roof is caving in ... We are going to court but of course the company have no money even thought they had £20,000 of our money ........ The company was reputable and registered with companies house i don't know how we ended up in such a bad out come but we did ..... Obv I wont name the company on here but if anyone wanted to pm me I am happy to give info ... I have pics and will pop them asap such a shame it was my dream it would of been 2 treatment rooms room for a nail desk it was massive bathroom kitchen waiting area it was 32 ft x 12 ft

Just make sure any companies u look at u vet thoroughly ;-) xx

This is my cabin.

I'm very lucky, its in the grounds of my sister's home which is a 15th century converted barn with beautiful landscape gardens.

It has all the usual hot/ cold running water, heating and a bathroom which has a two person steam/shower cubicle and a hot tub for pamper parties.

I also have a home salon which is lovely and also has its own bathroom with shower but sometimes seems like the poor relation to my cabin!!!

Wow serious salon envy here right now! Your salon is absolutely beautiful!!! :-( x

I do indeedy :D

Mine is huge, it's 12x20ft or something like that, can't remember now and it did cost a lot to do but you can go smaller to reduce the costs. I didn't want it so big but hubby insisted I'd fill the space and he was right :o I can't believe how I've filled it and could actually do with a bit more, so be careful you don't go too small.

Bare in mind though that if you are working from home in a cabin/summerhouse, you ideally need running water to it and in mine we have a toilet, so that clients don't need to come through the house to use ours.

Also, to ensure it was warm in the winter, we had it all boarded out and insulated, then plastered, otherwise it can be extremely cold in there. Even with doing all this, it's freezing in there until my heaters have been on for an hour or so.

But I love it and quite often go in there to play when I haven't any clients, I just love being in there so much, I'm very lucky.

There's still a bit of finishing off to do like painting woodwork, door handle on bathroom door etc but I'm still using it and clients aren't bothered in the slightest and absolutely love it in there too :green: Here's a few pics :) (Looks slightly different to the pictures now as I've got my new Shellac Rack on the wall where the poster is and my glitters are on top of my desk where the shellac is in this picture)

Love this Cabin. Would you mind giving us an idea of how much it cost you with plumbing, plastering included etc? Thanks. :)

Love this Cabin. Would you mind giving us an idea of how much it cost you with plumbing, plastering included etc? Thanks. :)

Ummm, it was rather a lot :o so for everything and bearing in mind there's still a few hundred pounds worth of finishing off to do......around £12,000 :eek: worth every penny though and I'm sure can be done a lot cheaper, we had a lot of work to do

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Any good Irish companies that do these? Anyone experience living in one?

Hi New Nailz and everyone else!lol! I just recently got a cabin to do beauty from my house as iv always wanted my own business and now is the perfect time for me to do it! I bought one 2nd hand that was already used as a beauty salon, 25ftx10ft..ideal for me on my own.. however the layout wasn't great and I knocked down 2 walls inside it to open it up more! [my little fixer man is outside putting up new walls atm lol] when doing so I have now realised I really want it to look as good as possible so I am putting new wooden floors in, new ceiling, new walls and then decorating the inside all up!so I will put up some pictures when i'm finished..I'm hoping to be open by next week...bit ambitious!lol!as there still needs to be water put in it..new flooring..new walls and ceiling and decorated..but fortunately for me my dad is in the construction industry so he has pulled in a few favours! so it is costing about £3000 all in! [i already did beauty from home so had a lot of equipment] I definitely think you should go for it..you will pay back any loan you need to get out in no time and then you own everything outright which means no rent to pay!!you can then maybe move into a more permanent 'shop like salon' in the future!let me know how it works!!hope you get it!!!!xxx

I bought a cabin for my business but unfortunately got out voted as kids wanted it for the meantime :( but I am still planning in "near" future to move my room there. I bought it from Creative Living Cabins & they deliver & erect all over the country.

That's amazing I love it x

I do indeedy :D

Mine is huge, it's 12x20ft or something like that, can't remember now and it did cost a lot to do but you can go smaller to reduce the costs. I didn't want it so big but hubby insisted I'd fill the space and he was right :o I can't believe how I've filled it and could actually do with a bit more, so be careful you don't go too small.

Bare in mind though that if you are working from home in a cabin/summerhouse, you ideally need running water to it and in mine we have a toilet, so that clients don't need to come through the house to use ours.

Also, to ensure it was warm in the winter, we had it all boarded out and insulated, then plastered, otherwise it can be extremely cold in there. Even with doing all this, it's freezing in there until my heaters have been on for an hour or so.

But I love it and quite often go in there to play when I haven't any clients, I just love being in there so much, I'm very lucky.

There's still a bit of finishing off to do like painting woodwork, door handle on bathroom door etc but I'm still using it and clients aren't bothered in the slightest and absolutely love it in there too :green: Here's a few pics :) (Looks slightly different to the pictures now as I've got my new Shellac Rack on the wall where the poster is and my glitters are on top of my desk where the shellac is in this picture)

Planky, I hope you don't mind me asking but did you already have a clientele built up before you did this? Or did you build it and them build it up from there? Xx

Latest posts

Back