Caledonian Therapy Academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeeLaurz

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone has attended any courses at the Caledonian Therapy Acadamy? I'm planning doing a couple of courses in the new year with them and was just looking for some feedback.

I havent done a course through them but I done the nsl body wrap course through another trainer and i love the products and the company is really easy to deal with when buying new products ect

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done a couple of things with them and sent staff once, won't be back.. I was the only person on the class with any prior beauty knowledge, there was absolutely no contraindications given for lash treatment and no prior experience necessary .
The handouts were photo copied notes from Coatbridge college with the module reference etc still visible on them! Also when I compaired notes with my girls we had all been told different things.... You get what you pay for is a true saying, one course was a groupon. Fine if you just want a certificate but I dread to think what any of the girls on my day are doing, if indeed any of them had the confidence to do a client. We could tell you all about the trainers holiday villa and family mind you!

I sent them my cv as I was looking for just a few hour tutoring for experience. I have a teaching qualification, NVQ 3, ITEC, CIDESCO, done HD brows, permanent make up and all the usual stuff and 17 years experience. They never got it touch, I was not fussed about the money just really wanted a bit experience. Yet an apprentice I trained up about 10 years ago who I taught pretty much everything waltzes into a teaching job straight after I trained her, and although a lovely girl she would not of been a good teacher, she was not thick she just was not sparky enough to inspire. Teaching after all is 1% inspiration 99% perspiration, if you don't inspire it puts the student off the subject.

Unfortunately 2 CTA tutors had to take some time off for treatment. CTA made a mistake with taking on a temporary staff member and took on a member. The persons was not as experienced as claimed on their CV. This person is no longer training at the academy and it's business as usual. If anyone has had any problems during this short period please contact Frances on 01413329251. Caledonian Therapy Academy is a multi award winning therapy academy and I really hope this very short period will not reflect on Caledonian Therapy Academy reputation. All issues have been resolved and CTA have some fabulous, very experienced therapists on bored.

How short a period are you talking about? My trainer said she had been there years! Also doesn't excuse blatant plagiarism of college handouts...if you are going to copy someone else's work or a college module at least re type it!!!

Hi, I spoke with Frances about this. This tutor was at the academy for a very short period of time (a few months and part time) Frances was not aware that any college material had been given out. All Caledonian material is written by staff and approved and accredited, tutors are not allowed to input any other material into the class. I am sorry that you had this experience and ask you should email in to Frances so she can offer you a goodwill gesture. [email protected] As I said the academy have their regular staff back and none of this will be repeated x

I put my sister through the nail course here - she works in my salon.

She enjoyed it and learnt a lot within the few days. The course was shorter than advertised on the website by 2 days but all info was still covered.

The only negative I have was that the Method for acrylics taught was different from the way I was taught at nailzone. It was a bit messier and made it difficult to get the smile line to smile so I showed her my way which she now does.

She had to carry out a number of case studies and send in pics with this to be reviewed and then she got her certificate which was good.

I got funding for my sister and Frances was very helpful in filling out the application forms for the funding.

Hi, CTA offer bespoke courses to suit students dates available.
If you book on a course which is not a 6 person training course then the timings are usually different. Usually if it's a course with 2 people on it the times will be shorter, however full support is available afterwards. Should a student feel they need any more tuition or just want some extra practice they can come to another course running with no charge.

So you want me to return the Coatbridge college notes? 7 others in my days class must have been given the same.... I dare say it would be accredited if it was a copy of an already accredited module! I teach and was sorely tempted to contact the college, but knowing they were going through mergers etc I didn't bother.

Sorry but this lady was not a temporary part timer. I was lucky, my training was only to get a certificate on a subject I failed to complete years ago due to illness...I actually knew what I was doing before I came.... We were actually given our certificates BEFORE we completed our "assessment" ..

I would be interested what gesture of good will would be offered to make me feel I would gain anything by attending again?

Last edited:
Hi, I am no longer involved with the running of the academy but if you contact Frances
she will give you the notes you should have had, she will also give you a good will gesture. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back