Calf Flick/fish tail - Help with a new style

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayley

Reaction score
Hiya,

i have a calf flick/fish tail in the middle of my hair, right at the front of my parting. I wear my hair at the moment in an off the centre parting, and have a long side fringe. But because of my flick - i cant have a short side fringe cuz it just sticks up.
Does anyone know of any hair styles/fringes i could have?? I'm getting fed up of this style, i've had it for nearly 10 years now! :Scared:

Thank you =) xx

never heard of it clled a fish tail before?? but i know what you mean . i have one and its a freaking pain!!:Scared:
i have a big thick fringe (lily allen style) and it seems to be ok, its a good inch thick from my hairline if that makes sense?
although i do cut it freehand myself as when others do it it never sits down :evil:xxxxxxx

I have a very strong cowlick at the side of my fringe area so in it's natural state i can also only have side sweeping long fringes.I battled with it for years desperately wanting 'normal ' fringes and even tho i had trained to know better .
It wasnt until i shaved all my hair off and had a skinhead in my wilder days i realised why nothing worked.I have a wicked spiral growth pattern at the front of my hair an inch in diameter! It looked the dogs with a skin head and taught me a lesson.
Now if i want funky shorter fringes i make clip in ones from weft human hair or if its a very full fringe I want sometimes a few strand extensions will work at weighing down the area in question.
Good luck;)

i find with cow lick fringes the best kinda fringe is the heavier the better, it need sum weight to force it down, i have a double one on the right of my hairline its like a second parting so i always get a split when my fringe is a str9 cut one unless it really heavy. .. x

lol, i'm not sure a fish tail is a common name for it but it's what a lad used to call it at school (and i call it a calf flick oops, lol - but i'm glad u all know that i mean).
Thanks for all the advise, but i had a full fringe not long ago, it wasn't a very thick one but it sort of did the trick... i just thought it made me look really young & didn't suit me :confused: Maybe a thicker one might look better, probs might look abit more mature & trendy... xx

i think being able to do sumthing to make u look young is a GREAT thing to have the choice to do LOL. . .it wont be long till u wish u still had that perogative LOL x

Latest posts

Back