Calgel training - nervous!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkey1978

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a qualified therapist although I've not worked as a therapist for ten years now. I am going on the Calgel course tomorrow and Monday, and I'm a bit nervous as I don't really know what to expect. I don't want to look like I am out of my depth, but this is something I love doing and want to make the best of it so I can build up my own business and hopefully do it full time soon! Has anyone done the course that could give me any advice? It's in a hotel so I'm not sure whether it will be a big class full of people or just a small group? What do I wear, I don't have salon attire?! Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you😊😊

If you have good nail and manicure knowledge it will be a doddle Calgel isa very simple system to learn as it is mainly one clear Gel for base,top and sculpture and then your colours.
It self levels so is very easy for overlays.Sculpturing takes quite a bit of practice to get right but it will come to you.
I usually wear black trousers,black t and cardigan.
Have a look on you tube for the Calgel training videos they will give you a good idea what to expect
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijOTUBVf1aw

There are a few to look at following the different procedures they are not in Spanish they just have Spanish subtitles.

Last edited:
I have done the Calgel training and I loved it and still love it! As said its a very easy system to use.. The training is very simple and they r really helpful, usually in small groups, they show u what to do then they send u off to have a go on yourself, they come round and help with any problems etc.. They r also very good afterwards, the refresher day is also very helpful, if u have any problems or r a bit unsure of anything, u can even ring them after your training and they will help u over the phone.. I've been doing it a year now and I still ring up with silly questions.. Good luck and enjoy it..x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

My nail tech is going tomorrow to tankersly too..
They usually small groups. You'll be fine.
If you have a tunic wear that. If not black top and trouser will be fine.

Hello! I'm a qualified therapist although I've not worked as a therapist for ten years now. I am going on the Calgel course tomorrow and Monday, and I'm a bit nervous as I don't really know what to expect. I don't want to look like I am out of my depth, but this is something I love doing and want to make the best of it so I can build up my own business and hopefully do it full time soon! Has anyone done the course that could give me any advice? It's in a hotel so I'm not sure whether it will be a big class full of people or just a small group? What do I wear, I don't have salon attire?! Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you😊😊

Your be fine :) I'd loved the course everyone's just as new to it as you are so don't worry! It's a lovely product to work with x x x

Ah brill I feel much better about it thank you all!! Is there an exam, the book seems to suggest there is one eek 😊 xx

And do intake my full kit, my lamp, everything?! I don't know whether I will look daft turning up with a tub full of stuff. Need to learn to not worry don't i 😄😄 x

And do intake my full kit, my lamp, everything?! I don't know whether I will look daft turning up with a tub full of stuff. Need to learn to not worry don't i 😄😄 x

I think we took everything! There was no exam that I remember I think the trainer just observes you on the second day x

They examine u the second day.. U have to fill out the book before u go then they will mark it for u and give it back.. I also took all my kit with me haha, a trolley on wheels!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Sorry, I've only just picked up this thread, but really do hope you enjoyed your training and realised it's not scary in the slightest!

Thank you to all the other geeks who offered reassurance.

Clarkey, if you have any questions following your training please give us a call, we are here to help, no matter how small you think it is.

Nicola xx

Hi Nicola!

OMG. I. LOVED. IT.

I literally did not want it to end. The trainer was lovely and full of tips and info, but the two days went so fast I didn't want to leave! I am getting a bit frustrated because it's been a whole day since the course and my tips and sculptures aren't perfect - am too impatient and want them to look awesome already boo ha.

Would recommend this course to anyone that would like to learn nails, the customer service has been fab, the products are really clever and it's so well taught. I'm hooked 😊 xx

Hi Nicola!

OMG. I. LOVED. IT.

I literally did not want it to end. The trainer was lovely and full of tips and info, but the two days went so fast I didn't want to leave! I am getting a bit frustrated because it's been a whole day since the course and my tips and sculptures aren't perfect - am too impatient and want them to look awesome already boo ha.

Would recommend this course to anyone that would like to learn nails, the customer service has been fab, the products are really clever and it's so well taught. I'm hooked 😊 xx

So happy to hear that! Haha, unfortunately perfection takes a little time but no doubt you'll get there. Having a positive attitude and eagerness to improve- it really helps, so I'm sure it won't be long.

Remember, we're just a phone call away if you have any questions. Have fun!

xx

Latest posts

Back