Calling all IBD techs and educators!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
I'd love to sing the praises of the product training but its a big dissapointment for me.

About 6 months ago I sent an email to Graftons and got no reply. I also sent another tipping them off about an ebayer selling their courses to which I got no reply.

I've left 2 voice messages for my trainer, one last week and one this week.

I've just sent another email to Graftons requesting info on masters, comp and one to one type training so I'm still waiting.

I've PM'd an IBD tech and comp winner geek 3 times and it seems I must be on her ignore list. I even offered to travel to Jersey to see Gina (Geek) to perhaps help her out and maybe soak up a bit of her experience too. Quite understandably she was a bit too busy at the time but was very nice and offered me lots of other advice.

Can anyone help me? Does any tech on here have anything other than straight forward IBD conversion/intro training? Since my initial product training (I did my NVQ elsewhere) I've had no follow up contact of any sort.

As far as I'm aware I'm not weird, annoying or a mad axe murderer but maybe somewhere along the line I've got myself a bad rep.

I'm peeved because I'm forever singing the praises of the product to clients and on this site and I really dont feel supported right now. I'm sorry if I seem to be being negative, I'm just annoyed that I've invested so much time and money in a product whos support sytem seems to have dropped me like a hot spud. This is especially annoying as I know Creative wins all this stuff hands down but thats not where I'm at so pleeeeeeeese dont tell me to start training with them. I know they are great but I'm not interested in getting to know new products.

Hi Emma, sorry to hear about your annoying situation!!

I do use IBD myself tho I never did any training, I got the dvd so i taught myself from that!!

Capital Hair and Beauty supplies do IBD training, is there one near you? have alook at www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk you can have a look for your nearest store.

HTH Hunni

Thanks,
I did my initial training at Capital in Reading, whilst they are lovely, they cant really have a meaningfull discussion with me about it so I havent asked if they can arrange it. They always tell me theyd love to do more IBD courses but struggle to make numbers. Maybe I should ask them anyway. I thought going back to the original trainer was the most obvious course of action. She did tell me at the time to call her with any product or training queries.

emmad said:
Thanks,
I did my initial training at Capital in Reading, whilst they are lovely, they cant really have a meaningfull discussion with me about it so I havent asked if they can arrange it. They always tell me theyd love to do more IBD courses but struggle to make numbers. Maybe I should ask them anyway. I thought going back to the original trainer was the most obvious course of action. She did tell me at the time to call her with any product or training queries.

ok you could give your old tutur a call then, why do you think you need more training then?

honeymummy said:
ok you could give your old tutur a call then, why do you think you need more training then?

everyone needs a top up hunnio.... not matter what level we are at ;)
there is always things we can improve on

I want to know my product and application inside out. Initial training in any product cant give you that. I've had a good 2 years of working with it every day and I feel I could achieve a more advanced level. I also want to do competitions at some point and I need help with that.

no wonder you are frustrated Emma, I did my gel training with IBD. Whenever I have queries I email Sam at Graftons and always get a prompt reply.

If I can help in any way, pm me...xx

hi all i use a bit of ibd too, but i would like to ask ,,, how do you find it? how is lifting and stuff like that wearability. i think its easy to apply and i like it but i find most people dont ... what say you all

I did my initial traing with IBD (VCTC) and whenever i had any problems i e-mailed Sam at Graftons and she was v.helpful.

But i know what you mean - i tried doing follow up courses and couldn't get anywhere - Graftons didn't want to know unless it was a full conversion course.

One of the reasons i gave up with IBD in the end, a lovley product, but follow up training is essential, and if you can't get it, which way do you go then?

It got to the point where i had more questions than could be dealt with in an e-mail.

Shame really.

OK, I've had an email from [email protected].

There is a new training prospectus coming in to them from the printers on Monday. Anyone interested should contact Sarah and one will wing its way to you. I am assured that there is an IBD training programme and one to one training is also available.

I'll post again once I've received my copy, in the meantime I've "vented my spleen" to poor old Sarah and I'm feeling better.:)

ariaaland said:
hi all i use a bit of ibd too, but i would like to ask ,,, how do you find it? how is lifting and stuff like that wearability. i think its easy to apply and i like it but i find most people dont ... what say you all

I think most people know my view on this.......
For strength its fab, goes on really well and any lifting is usually on me not my clients and usually down to the fact that I'm rubbish at doing my own nails! Coverage and coloured gels are brill. So much so that I've ditched tips and now sculpt as much as I can.

I get on really well with Intense Seal and am trying to get to grips with the Extreme range. My clients love their ehancements, nno's and gel on toes. I have converted many from fabric nno's to gel overlays which suits me and they have found they wear better (mainly down to lifestyle suiting gel more than anything else). I dont use Ultra Seal which I find too gloopy and sensitive to overcuring but I love my new jet5000 lamp which was a birthday pressie to Myself.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to state that their education is fab too! I've been told that the new programme is very exciting.

I've had the exact same problem with Graftons! Have emailed about 4 or 5 times regarding products, training etc and received NO replies at all! Iam qualified in IBD gel and found their post training help very poor they even sent me a certificate for the wrong products initially! Not impressed! Have changed brands now but still use the Orly range which I get from other providers!

emmad said:
For strength its fab, goes on really well and any lifting is usually on me not my clients and usually down to the fact that I'm rubbish at doing my own nails! Coverage and coloured gels are brill. So much so that I've ditched tips and now sculpt as much as I can.

I get on really well with Intense Seal and am trying to get to grips with the Extreme range. My clients love their ehancements, nno's and gel on toes. I have converted many from fabric nno's to gel overlays which suits me and they have found they wear better (mainly down to lifestyle suiting gel more than anything else). I dont use Ultra Seal which I find too gloopy and sensitive to overcuring but I love my new jet5000 lamp which was a birthday pressie to Myself.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to state that their education is fab too! I've been told that the new programme is very exciting.

thanks emma, i did a bit on my pinkie finger yesterday but i bumped it while doing the bath so it lifted, in such a case i cant blame the gels can i? it did not touch my cuticle either so i know its due to the bump. also if my cleanser is finished what can i subsitutue with until its replaced? also cna you mix ibd gel with some ez flows coloured powders to get a particular shade? let me know oh and also what wattage does ibd gels cure under, i have always used a 6 watt lamp but today my friend down in trinidad who also uses ibd gel told me i should use a 9 watt. so what is the true story. awaiting your reply you can private email me with a response if you wish. also the gel i put on my other fingers (all five) are quite fine nolifting at all

emmad said:

sent E-mails and phoned a couple of times regarding training not had anyone get back to me, have spoken to people in other deptments though and they have always been helpfull. I hope the customer service on training gets better soon, i am going to give them another ring tommorrow as i am thinking of converting and see what they say.

Tricky,
Mail Sarah at the address above, shes very willing.

emmad said:
Tricky,
Mail Sarah at the address above, shes very willing.

thanks will do i will keep you updated

Latest posts

Back