Calling all newbies out there....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also new im starting my first course this wedensday the May 10th. I'm really looking forward to it I cant wait to get started. It's OPI Future Fiber Micro Wraps I'm starting with :)

HI, I'm a very new newbie here, as this is my first post, so dont know if this will appear or not!

I have been through the agonies you are talking about, and I usually just try and bluff it- in that if you appear confident, it gives your clients confidence, they can smell fear.....

I try and be non specific to questions like 'have you got a lot of clients this week?' if I havent, but TBH now I only do the nails of friends and family, as I dont have the time to do more. I'd love to do this full time and set up on my own properly, IYKWIM, but financially I'm just not at that place right now.

Hope that helped!

I also qualified in Nov 05 and since have been back for rebalance and scalpting found them very helpful indeed. But do feel a bit scared when new customers call. How much do you charge? Do you have problems with your smile lines?

Caroline

pellant said:
I also qualified in Nov 05 and since have been back for rebalance and scalpting found them very helpful indeed. But do feel a bit scared when new customers call. How much do you charge? Do you have problems with your smile lines?

Caroline
Hi caroline. I charge £30.00 a full set £24.00 for re-bal. I thilnk to charge less would be a diservice to my self. Don't forgert the cost of product 'and' your time. When I price up I include everthing, pads used, adhesive, abrasives, petrol, advertisement, consultation cards, Everything. It soon adds up.

My smiles are getting much better. A good thing to do is, look back at your course work. Not only will it give you a right good giggle but aslo show you how much you ARE improving.
Nice to hear from you.
If you havn't already, read Sassys link (further up this thread), Its very very good.

I have been a nail tech for 4 yrs and still learning, all nail tech are different each has there own style and why's of doing things, try to be confident, if the client always has there nails done and is coming to you for the first time just ask yourself why? you can NEVER please all the people all the time just do your best. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back