calling on all geeks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyuk

Reaction score
Ok, so i'm probably asking a dumb question, but do you guys ever have blocks?!? I love doing my nail art, but for some reason over the last few weeks no matter what i have tried, it has all been poo!!

Mind you, it doesnt help that i am trying to reach the standards of some of you on here, which is IMPOSSIBLE and that makes me feel bad, but it seems my whole standard has seemed to have slipped. sniff sniff.

any tips people?!?!?

hiya xx

what kind of nail art are you doing babes xx?

amyuk said:
Ok, so i'm probably asking a dumb question, but do you guys ever have blocks?!? I love doing my nail art, but for some reason over the last few weeks no matter what i have tried, it has all been poo!!

Mind you, it doesnt help that i am trying to reach the standards of some of you on here, which is IMPOSSIBLE and that makes me feel bad, but it seems my whole standard has seemed to have slipped. sniff sniff.

any tips people?!?!?

hi, it isnt impossible to reach the standard of some of the geeks on here it just takes time and practise, you will get there one day it will alll just click in to place and there will be no stoping you, is it designs you are struggling with, maybe get a couple of fairy tail books and let your imagination run away with you, you will be amazed what you can do,

keep at it you will get there :hug:

freehand. I have brought myself some acrylic paints, thinking that might help, but it hasnt!!!

Im at a loss!

NailStyle said:
hiya xx

what kind of nail art are you doing babes xx?

thanks guys your great! Its not thinking of the designs, as you get loads of ideas from here, its creating them. i just dont seem to be able to do it, and i dont know why. I was able to before. I want to post some of my work on here but at the standard its at at the moment, im ashamed to even wear it, let alone let a web site full of professionals see it!!!

sorry to moan, but my BF just dont understand!!!

Loves ya

I think everyone has a mental block at some point in/on whatever they are doing.

It seems to be something to do with skill level from what I can see - well with me anyway :wink2:

I try something new, master the basics fairly quickly, keep practising, get fairly good, then all of a sudden I lose it completely :lol:

I was the same with L&P - nearly threw the whole lot out the window at one point :evil:

Then Fibreglass - I loved it when I first did it, then I went seriously downhill and the stuff wouldn't stay on at all :cry:

Now I'm at it with those damned SuDoku's - I got really good at them for a while and now I seem to have lost 'it'. I stare at them for ages and just can't see where to start :lol:

I think it's a peak and plateau's thing :wink2:

Trin
xx

so there is hope for me yet then?

I just want to be as good as some of you on here. Joining this site has really inspired me, just wish i could recreate it!! Sniff sniff.

Thanks for all your help anyways

Trinity Nails said:
I think everyone has a mental block at some point in/on whatever they are doing.

It seems to be something to do with skill level from what I can see - well with me anyway :wink2:

I try something new, master the basics fairly quickly, keep practising, get fairly good, then all of a sudden I lose it completely :lol:

I was the same with L&P - nearly threw the whole lot out the window at one point :evil:

Then Fibreglass - I loved it when I first did it, then I went seriously downhill and the stuff wouldn't stay on at all :cry:

Now I'm at it with those damned SuDoku's - I got really good at them for a while and now I seem to have lost 'it'. I stare at them for ages and just can't see where to start :lol:

I think it's a peak and plateau's thing :wink2:

Trin
xx

I was stuck with flowers, flowers and flowers. Then.... every variation of flowers imaginable to mankind.

I since came across 3d encapsulating nail art at the NEC birmingham. Dried flowers this time and confetti, stars, glitters, tiger stripes, polka dots, hologram hearts and flames (as seen in the Young Nails ad courtesy of Pro Nails and Scratch).

Have since ventured into their (YN's) iridescent flakes after seeing and buying them from the show. The nice young lady, Clare, showed me how to encapsulate within an acrylic or gel tip and overlay with a glitter fade. FAB FAB FAB A DOOBY. Im Hooked!

Young Nails also put me onto to christiesnails.com via their own website and has given me more inspiration with encapsulating and FLOWERS!

Hey Ho! Flower are great, but a least now I have a greater selection of designs

amyuk said:
I want to post some of my work on here but at the standard its at at the moment, im ashamed to even wear it, let alone let a web site full of professionals see it!!!

Loves ya

dont be ashamed of it pet - I for one have posted some really garbage nail art on here before when i first started with 3D flowers and they are nothing like some of the other girls nail art - i got honest feedback - which is what you want - so get your camera clicking - i for one will look forward to seeing it

I think that 'blocks' usually means you are improving ... for me it means Im no longer happy with what I could do before and want to better myself.

Hey Glynis... what happened to that fabby pic of yours that was on here...a sort of a Harlequin design... I absolutely loved that!

Hi Hun

don't worry if its freehand painting you want to be able to beat then practice on paper first. i get a piece of paper and the paints and i practice with various brushes seeing what that brush performs best at. one may Be good at long straight lines another may be better at short flicks etc.. Then practice doing swirls and flowers, keep at it for a few hours and you will soon combat your problems and be able to paint anything.

Good luck
x

Glorsclaws said:
Hey Glynis... what happened to that fabby pic of yours that was on here...a sort of a Harlequin design... I absolutely loved that!

which one was that chuck i cant remember

Latest posts

Back