Camera in beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star8

Reaction score
I am going to be renting a room in a salon. There is no lock on the beauty door so I asked to put one on, the owner said I can but wants a spare key. Also she has cameras all over salon which is fine for security, but she mentioned one may be in my room. Slightly concerned as client privacy!? Should I say politely I want it removing? Any advice??

From a clients point of view... I would not be using this salon if I knew there were cameras on me getting undressed for certain treatments! XxX

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If I was going for a treatment in a beauty room and saw a CCTV camera pointing at me I'd walk straight back out :eek: if it was outside the room in a corridor or on reception area it wouldn't bother me as I'd think it was purely for security purposes but In an actual treatment room ....I'd find that really strange

I personally wouldn't get treatments where a camera is on me & it is a breach of privacy. I would also be slow to offer a key I am having issues at the moment my beauty room is being used when I am not there. I am going to offer to change the lock but not hand over a key. If they refuse I will have to find somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

When i rung up about insurance alot said they wouldnt insure me as im not the only one with a key to the building and my room is in the centre and hasnt got a seperate door to it

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Really? I suppose they are right because anyone can be in there. That is my problem at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd refuse as you are responsible for your items.
As for camera, really? Unless you can PROVE to clients and all else the camera system is OFF during business hours and it is only for security when closed, then there is NO WAY it's going to fly. How would you feel being the one on that side of the camera? You will be. Just think, if there is any complaint or issue you'll have a camera to prove you were right, but you also may wind up with deep critique of your work too :)

I'm pretty sure that where CCTV is in situ there must be notices displayed stating that fact. If there's nothing there now you could perhaps mention it to the premises owner? Not sure clients woulld be happy once they saw that though ! I wouldn't!

I am going to be renting a room in a salon. There is no lock on the beauty door so I asked to put one on, the owner said I can but wants a spare key. Also she has cameras all over salon which is fine for security, but she mentioned one may be in my room. Slightly concerned as client privacy!? Should I say politely I want it removing? Any advice??

I would ask if there is one there, I would not be happy with a camera within a treatment room. Am fairly sure as others have said that this might just be a massive breach of privacy, possibly not very legal x

Hi thanks for replies, tomorrow I am going to message her and say I don't want any cctv in my room. I don't mind out but I also feel its a privacy issue! Also I'm putting a lock on my door but she wants a spare key as said for health and safety, if I wasn't there and there ever was a leak or anything. What do you think?

Hi thanks for replies, tomorrow I am going to message her and say I don't want any cctv in my room. I don't mind out but I also feel its a privacy issue! Also I'm putting a lock on my door but she wants a spare key as said for health and safety, if I wasn't there and there ever was a leak or anything. What do you think?

If it is your room that you pay exclusively for am not entirely sure why she would need a spare key really?

There has to be some law against that.

First, you would have to have posted notices for your clients.

Secondly, as a client I wouldn't want my services on camera for say an intimate wax.

Thirdly, in the hallway I get it. In the room no way.

Has she told you why she wants CCTV in the room?

A key for leaks? Daft excuse , in an emergency the door could be broken, she sounds like a control freak??

You will no doubt have a lot of stock, so you need to know its safe?

Honestly? I'd be considering looking for a better room, seems to be very high demands before you've even started? (But I'm a cynic ) and its 4.00 am so I'm pretty grumpy ;-)

There is no way I'd have CCTV in my rooms, and if I ever found a salon that I'd gone to did I would not be happy!!!

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your replies. Well I have said I don't want a camera if there is one because I have a lock, il be insured, and its not right. In the hall yes. Also if I am paying for a room I want o other person using. A spare key she said because for insurance. If there was a leak or anything and I was not there!!

I totally agree with the no camera part, that's just plain wrong and unethical in a room where people will be changing but as a Landlord I would absolutely want a key to your locked room.

I have many properties that I rent out (residential not commercial) and I have keys for all of them. They are my buildings and if sh*t hit the fan I need access to them. On the other hand I respect that they are my tenants homes and I never enter them unless they ask me to.

You need to have trust that your Landlord would have the same respect for your space but if you can't do that then look for somewhere else.

I totally agree with the no camera part, that's just plain wrong and unethical in a room where people will be changing but as a Landlord I would absolutely want a key to your locked room.

I have many properties that I rent out (residential not commercial) and I have keys for all of them. They are my buildings and if sh*t hit the fan I need access to them. On the other hand I respect that they are my tenants homes and I never enter them unless they ask me to.

You need to have trust that your Landlord would have the same respect for your space but if you can't do that then look for somewhere else.

I must admit at both my previous commercial and residential premises landlord had a key. And I had an expensive wide format machine in there lol. He never went in unless asked or he would let the electric man in and keep an eye on him if I was out of the shop which I didn't mind.

I would have thought a landlord would need a key too because they own the room but within a contract wouldn't it usually say that they wont enter uness an emergency or wth 24 hrs notice and permission?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got a 10 year lease on my salon, tne landlord has keys, just like renting a home, a spare set stays with the landlords.
My beauty rooms have locks and I have a spare key.

Security reason and fire and water hazards. If I'm away and something happens to the building the landlord needs to get in, the same as my beauty rooms.

As for CCTV in the beauty room, no way!! Nor a hope in hell would I have a treatment in a room with a camera x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back