Campaigne for many more intresting postings..PMT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just the time of year/month:eek: or simply me but :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Cant we start some form of competition mod's ,as last year but maybe with a twist, and do a one month campaign for "post meaningful Topics" or simply interesting,relevant or challenging rather than "which brand do you think is best " or OMG I sprayed my hubby the other night and hese now got two heads... how do I talk to the same person twice kind of thing :eek:

Maybe we could have categorize in line with the different forums and have a final draw at the end of the month period for each category and maybe some manufacturers could come forward with some form of token prize....or maybe even the site owners could offer a 12 month free premium geek award.

Maybe get someone from outside of each forum to pick the best topic posting from another forum..just to demonstrate fair play.

Sorry if its just me...but we must all be able to think of a positive,humorous,useful,or just down right interesting thing to post.

We could call it "PMT":eek: (Post Meaningful Topics)...do you suffer from PMT missus...lets hope so ...so Post a Meaningful Topic today lol :hug:

Last edited:
Maybe we could have a spelling campaign too :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry but I couldn't resist...!!!

Or was it meant to be champagne???? :eek:

I wish I could think of some...but the only thread I have posted in the last trillion months was today about a toenail split in half....:eek: Would that win me some champagne? :lol:

Hmm, the buses in Stoke on Trent used to say "PMT" on the side of them in big letters...

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe it's a good sign that the geeks are busy! I have not been on so much due to being busier than usual. Good idea though Collin as I love an interesting thread! :hug:

This would be good to see - not sure of the title though Collin LOL (I moved this to chit chat as it isnt really a site assistance issue).

I think the reason things have got a bit stale is that some of the old hands have become busier and dont get involved as much as before.

We get people who join the site and rather than find out how things work they just jump in with both feet, I know they are just eager, not a main problem!

Part of the problems with competition things is that generally it is down to the moderators (well Sandi mostly) to sort these things out and it is a big job.

We did the TPTW Thought Provoking Thread of the week or something but it just dies a death when it is always the same people who put in the effort.

This site belongs to all of us and it is up to us to make it the site we want, obviously within the rules.

I think the site would improve hugely if:

1. People used the blogs for the purpose they are there for and not post on the forums knowing it should be in the blogs, but they are "not really into blogs".

2. People use the search facility which is fantastic.

3. Post pictures in the albums rather than on the forums.

4. If you want critique then feel free to post in the critique section, you will get honest and constructive advice.

5. Read the Geek Commandments - everyone who signs up to join clicks the button which says they agree to abide by these rules, but sometimes when questioned, they claim no knowledge.

Collin, there is nothing to stop you from creating a PMT section and asking for participation - you could organise it. It doesnt need anyone else to organise it, unless it is done as a competition as there are criteria for that due to some major issues in the past.

Go for it!

Latest posts

Back