can anyone advise me on my post pregnancy skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
i am so frustrated, i had a baby 5 months ago, and ever since i had him, the skin on my arms, thighs & back have dry lumps and bumps. i have tried body brushing, drinking loads of water, massaging bio oil, monu, clinique, aqeous cream, anti hystamine tablets, and i cannot get rid of it? been to the doctors, basically said live with it, its only blocked follicles. any ideas? pevonia used to do a reactive skin care cream, but i cant remember if its for the body or just the face. i would really like to get it sorted before summer, so i can get my bikini on! appreciate your help:)

Luxury Beauty

Reaction score
Hiya

Dermalogica do some great body treatments that can help target this problem.

I understand that you have been trying to sort it out yourself but try and book yourself in for a body treatment as the therapist can get everywhere and do a deep tissue massage which will help loosen the blocked follicles.

Dermalogica do one treatment which is an exfoliating body scrub, then they wrap you with a nourishing sea mud pack. While your in the wrap the mud actually heats up. This is the description:

"Stimulate circulation while smoothing skin with this body wrap therapy that promotes skin nourishment. Natural earth clays draw out impurities while Ginger and White Tea stimulate circulation and smooth skin."

I hope this helps

Lima
xx

xlaurax

Reaction score
hi, 1stly congratulations on ur baby!! secondly this sounds like it could be a circulation problem? have u tried having massage? it would stimulate all of the blood vessels, and get evrything moving, u could try massaging the areas yourself? with a good thick cream. is the skin rough? i cant remember if u said u had tried a good exfoliator? i have this on my upper arms, and i have been told it is circulation related, also if i think about it this area of my body does always seem cold, i exfoliate everytime i bathe, followed by a thick moisturiser. i hope this help a little? my little boy is almost 7months and im still recovering from the mess he left me body in lol! wouldnt change any of it 4 the world though, ps- good luck on the bicini ive long given up on ever looking good in one of those again xxxx :hug:

prettylady

Reaction score
ive just had a baby too..but dont think this problem is very familiar.
i am also part of this forum

Baby Talk Zone

tell them andria recommended you - its all mothers and babies, and we are agreat team there, im sure smone will know what it is..and what to do - if it were me though, i say this is smthing for the doc to sort out....a simple cream, antibiotics might just do the trick...

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
hi, 1stly congratulations on ur baby!! secondly this sounds like it could be a circulation problem? have u tried having massage? it would stimulate all of the blood vessels, and get evrything moving, u could try massaging the areas yourself? with a good thick cream. is the skin rough? i cant remember if u said u had tried a good exfoliator? i have this on my upper arms, and i have been told it is circulation related, also if i think about it this area of my body does always seem cold, i exfoliate everytime i bathe, followed by a thick moisturiser. i hope this help a little? my little boy is almost 7months and im still recovering from the mess he left me body in lol! wouldnt change any of it 4 the world though, ps- good luck on the bicini ive long given up on ever looking good in one of those again xxxx :hug:
no, its not rough, just bumpy! you dont have to feel them either, they are clear to see:cry:

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
apparently its called keratosis pilaris. anyone seen this before apparently it affects alot of people in the winter. there must be something i can use to help. i read taking a supplement called graphite can help... anyone taken it? i have never heard of it before!

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
ive just had a baby too..but dont think this problem is very familiar.
i am also part of this forum

Baby Talk Zone

tell them andria recommended you - its all mothers and babies, and we are agreat team there, im sure smone will know what it is..and what to do - if it were me though, i say this is smthing for the doc to sort out....a simple cream, antibiotics might just do the trick...
congrats on your baby hun,:hug:

jclement

Reaction score
Emmie B,
You are right about the keratosis pilaris. The only way I found to get rid of it is to exfoliate A LOT. I know you tries before but I would go toward the acids (glycolic, salicylic) if you have access to them. It should take about a month if you do it often.

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
will give it a bash and let you know. thanks. xx

chantell simone

Reaction score
congrats on the baby

i would recommend regular exfoliating and massage

Latest posts