Can anyone help with a contraindication ? please..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbie

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone can tell me what 'abrasion' would mean in the context of a contraindication please?

Its part of a question on some coursework I have to do and I need to know if it would restrict a treatment or would it need a gp referral before I can carry on with the treatment.

I hope all that made sense lol

thank you in anticipation :green:

Yes that does make sense. You wouldn't need to refer to a G.P as it will heal and go away on its own, as long as it doesn't look infected. It will be a contraindication and depending on where it is and the size of it,you may work around it.
eg..if you were doing a manicure and the abrasion was on the arm then you could work around it.
Check with your tutor as answers are always different with different colleges. But that is the correct way of doing it in industry.
You need to explain your treatment plan to your client and tell them you will miss this bit and why.
Hope that helps xxx

thank you thank you...i couldnt work out if it meant an abrasion as in a scratch on the arm etc or if it meant something else lol its been that long since i had to do coursework im way out of practice! : )

it makes sense now thank you again

thank you thank you...i couldnt work out if it meant an abrasion as in a scratch on the arm etc or if it meant something else lol its been that long since i had to do coursework im way out of practice! : )

it makes sense now thank you again

No worries chick. Sometimes the way they word the questions just make you even more baffled :hug: x

Latest posts

Back