Can anyone help with a nail tip issue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.mrsm

Reaction score
I’m new to overlays so I don’t have loads of experience doing extensions. I’ve done maybe 20 sets of overlays, mainly gel but a couple of acrylic. Most of the feedback I’ve had from my friends is that the tips keep pinging off. Literally within a couple of days. My gels not lasting with them either, but without tips it’s fine and im quite meticulous about my prep. I can’t work out why, I’m using edge tips with either star nails glue or nsi with a brush on application. Anyone know how to make them stick?

The strength of an extension is in the structure of the overlay product not the tip. The tip is purely a platform to rest the acrylic/gel on. Snapping at the join/stress area indicates you're not creating a strength apex, or if you are, its not in the right place or big enough.

The strength of an extension is in the structure of the overlay product not the tip. The tip is purely a platform to rest the acrylic/gel on. Snapping at the join/stress area indicates you're not creating a strength apex, or if you are, its not in the right place or big enough.

Thanks Trinity, I think maybe my gel has been too thin, I find with the product I’m using it’s quite hard to get any thickness as it’s quite runny, when you add a bead to build the apex it looks fine, but as it self levels it runs into the side walls and flattened out. I’m really trying hard to master gel properly but I am finding it tough x

Have you tried turning the nail upside down for a few seconds? That’s the tip I got given not that long ago. Also do a line across the apex x

Yeah I tried it but found it really awkward. I tried so hard to build an apex with this stuff but I do find it difficult to work with. I’ve just bought the ink London jelly trial kit to try out and compare, see if I find it a bit easier to work with x

I was taught to turn the hand upside down and flash cure it for 10 seconds. This will prevent the gel from levelling out when you turnt he hand the right way round x

Yeah I tried it but found it really awkward. I tried so hard to build an apex with this stuff but I do find it difficult to work with. I’ve just bought the ink London jelly trial kit to try out and compare, see if I find it a bit easier to work with x

I use the ink Jelly builder gel and I find it easier to turn the nail upside down and then do a line where you want your apex ex where the tip meets the nail as that will be your stress point. Keep trying and you will get there xx

Ok thanks girls, I’ll try turning the nails upside down x

Latest posts

Back