Can anyone recommend a business course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I work from my home salon but never expected it to take off as well as it has which is great but I'm struggling with the money side...
I have no idea how to do business plans, how to price treatments, how to do my tax stuff eeek!!

I've read so many threads to try to help but the relevant ones might as well be in Spanish for all I understand.

I LOVE what I do and am good too but it won't reach it's potential if I can't do basic stuff :(

So does anyone recommend a short course or ANYTHING that will help?
I can't afford to book into anything expensive but I need to start somewhere...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Xx

I work from my home salon but never expected it to take off as well as it has which is great but I'm struggling with the money side...
I have no idea how to do business plans, how to price treatments, how to do my tax stuff eeek!!

I've read so many threads to try to help but the relevant ones might as well be in Spanish for all I understand.

I LOVE what I do and am good too but it won't reach it's potential if I can't do basic stuff :(

Try the princes trust website, they may not allow you to do the course as your already running your business but they have lots of stuff on their site, also hmrc run web seminars and stuff like that so check them out too

Good luck

Check with your local council, they may run free enterprise courses. If you are in the right age bracket the Princes Trust run free workshops and HMRC have loads of advice on their website and run free webinars too :) x

Try the princes trust website, they may not allow you to do the course as your already running your business but they have lots of stuff on their site, also hmrc run web seminars and stuff like that so check them out too

Good luck

Posting at the same time lol

Thank you both so much! :)

I know I done things upside down but I didn't actually plan to set up in business.
We all learn! Lol

That's great, I'll try them both now :)
Xx

Hi there - if you try your local Business Link - they are online and should have a location that you can visit in most citites/towns etc - they are very good at helping with business plans, courses, advertising etc or where to point you to to get the information - they are totally free.
If you really struggle with the financial side I would recommend getting a book keeper - if you cannot afford an accountant initially - they can guide you through how to keep your books in order, your cash flow, profits etc - its well worth the money even for the first year until you pick it up yourself and its a viable business expense, hope this helps!x

Hi there - if you try your local Business Link - they are online and should have a location that you can visit in most citites/towns etc - they are very good at helping with business plans, courses, advertising etc or where to point you to to get the information - they are totally free.
If you really struggle with the financial side I would recommend getting a book keeper - if you cannot afford an accountant initially - they can guide you through how to keep your books in order, your cash flow, profits etc - its well worth the money even for the first year until you pick it up yourself and its a viable business expense, hope this helps!x

Thank you!
This is definitely the sort of advice I'm looking for! :)

Latest posts

Back