Can anyone recommend a nice Shellac French pink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanmichael.l

Reaction score
Hey geeks, so currently the only french pink I have is negligee and on most people it's stunning, but it just doesn't suit my mums hands, it makes her hands look old, cold and frail and makes her nail beds look a greyish tone and not a nice healthy pink, so I'm thinking I need something with a bit of warmth to it? Also is there any french pinks that give a little more coverage, my mum loves the look of the forever french looks on the opaque perfect color powders and opaque brisa gel videos where you can completely mask the natural smile line and then you can extend the look of the nail bed by lowering the white, is this possible with shellac? I've had a little look on google images but I find that pictures are rarely able to do justice to how beautiful things actually look in person, especially with sheer, shimmery and glittery colours.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)
xxx

I like the nudes for french. Nude Knickers is great for illusion french, and gives a nice warm tone xx

I think the range of pinks for Shellac is poor - all too pale/white. The only one I really like is grapefruit sparkle.

My favourites for a french is clearly pink (when they want a nice 'bright' smile line)
Bare chemise or nude knickers (for a natural french)
Rose bud (girly and more coverage style of french)
Negligee (if they're not bothered and it's my choice)

So I think rose bud may suit your mum well :)

I use Beau and studio white for french you can use others like negligee or grapefruit sparkle depends on what look your after :) hth

If you wanted to mask the smile line, perhaps use Strawberry Smoothie over it. My mum doesn't like the look of a bright white french, so I normally do Cream Puff with SS over it, she loves it, and it suits her skin tone as its a pale pink. x

I use beau - barely there, slight shimmer, or for a barely there matt pink with a little coverage i use romantique x

I love Beau for french, gives a nice healthy shimmery look. For Illusion french I use Strawberry Smoothie (if client wants a bit of shimmer) or Nude Knickers (if they just want a flatter colour)

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh wow thanks everyone! I want them all now, I do have grapefruit sparkle but always thought of it as a layering colour and not for a French so I'll defiantly give that a try because my mum LOVES sparkle! I also have rosebud too, but always saw that as an opaque block colour and never imagined using it for a french, would you just use 1 coat? Like the sound of nude knickers, beau, strawberry smoothie and romantique.. I just had my 20th on Halloween so have a good excuse to have a little splurge on a few French pinks :)
Thanks everyone, really appreciate it!
xxx

I use powder my nose for French if needing a bit more colour :)

Hi! I use Beau & Studio White for most of my French Shellac nails. Here's a pic of beau over Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel - ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414936462.045534.jpg

If you zoom in you can just about see a faint shimmer 😊

My most popular French is strawberry smoothie then a tip with studio white as it's not too white and grapefruit sparkle over. I call it my fruit cocktail French!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back