Can I use 2 coats of Shellac colour under French?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderland

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Help me out please. I'm new to this Shellac. Can I put 2 coats of shellac color before I do french.?
Can I use cuticle away and let my clients was their hands with soap before doing shellac? I do that with brisa. I started shellacking my clients with very thin and problem nails, that been ruined before.
Thanks! I'm praying its gona work out for them! Please share if there's anything else to know for strengthening the weak nails with shellac.

If you have done the CND course then you really should already know the answer to these questions? And if your working on cuticles do you not soak your clients hands anyway to help with the process? If you are using the proper prep procedures then using cuticle away wouldn't effect anything. You must also tell clients to always religiously daily use cuticle oil when wearing shellac as otherwise the nails will dry out.

This is the first week I've been doing shellac. I did a conversion course with cnd, it was 2 hours training only, bit disappointing too. We don't have solar oil here for while, I think it's been like 2-3 months. They said they are out of stock n waiting for them to arrive!

I don't soak clients hands for cuticle work, especially not for a Shellac manicure that's the opposite of CND procedure. I personally use cuticle away then a spray bottle to 'rinse' the nails & clean with a towel.

There are many ways to do French, you could do two colour coats if you specifically needed to but try remember to keep it thin. I personally do one colour then French then top coat Xx

Thanks PixieBeauty! Do you mix soap with water for a rinse bottle like in the video?

When I do French I do

Base, 1 coat negligee cure, white free edges thinly cure, another negligee or maybe silver VIP but do another colur cat cure, then top coat, that's how I was advised to do it in my shellac training

When I do French I do

Base, 1 coat negligee cure, white free edges thinly cure, another negligee or maybe silver VIP but do another colur cat cure, then top coat, that's how I was advised to do it in my shellac training

Thanks a lot :)

Latest posts

Back