Can I use a 9 watt UV Lamp with IBD?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferlouise

Reaction score
just reading thro all the threads on here and wondering what you guys think to the following.... I bought a 9 watt lamp when i trained in acrygel, i was told this was ok when i trained with ibd soak off gel, now i am beginning to wonder. have only done three or four sculpts this year!! hmmmm
.....now wondering if i should do ibd acrylic course coming soon

just reading thro all the threads on here and wondering what you guys think to the following.... I bought a 9 watt lamp when i trained in acrygel, i was told this was ok when i trained with ibd soak off gel, now i am beginning to wonder. have only done three or four sculpts this year!! hmmmm
.....now wondering if i should do ibd acrylic course coming soon

You can never get enough training ... why have you done no nails?? Lack of models? lack of confidence? Lack of real interest? Why haven't you got going? Sounds like you need some encouragement! :hug:

Last edited:
lol... bit of everything i guess, ..i would love be proficient at it. the 9 watt lamp is troubling me with ibd soak off gel with 3 mins cure

What is it exactly that is troubling you about the lamp? Do you think it is not curing or what? with so few uses, it should be curing the gel just fine. What is making you query the lamp?

just reading thro the threads on here it was said something like a 32 watt lamp is needed for ibd gels.

just reading thro the threads on here it was said something like a 32 watt lamp is needed for ibd gels.

If I were you, I would check direct with the IBD distributor about the best lamp to use.

I have used IBD in the past and the lamp always had 3 or more UV bulbs ...

it is not really the wattage but the number of UV bulbs and the output of UV that determines whether or not the cure is complete.

This IS an important issue so I would check.

thankyou. yes i will do that. my 9 watt lamp has one twin bulb thanks for your help

thankyou. yes i will do that. my 9 watt lamp has one twin bulb thanks for your help

I just think it is the best way to settle all the questions in your mind. In the meantime ... get moving doing those nails .. if you don't use it you will loose
it!!:hug​
:

all ibd gels can be cured with a 9watt lamp, obviously they recommend you use an ibd lamp but i have a line of ibd gel polishes i cure with a light elegance lamp and ive never had problems with them not curing! good luck, hope i could help!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back