Can just anybody carry out dermal fillers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
or do you have to be medically trained, i.e. nurse practitioner or GP?

It's just I've seen someone who's doing special offer dermal fillers and when I asked the question she told me that she doesn't need a GP or nurse to carry out these treatments because it's a natural ingredient found in the body?

Is this true? As I fancy having it done but don't want it done if they're not medically qualified.

It's not a prescribed medicine like Botox so doesn't require you to see a qualified prescriber BUT I'm pretty sure you have to be medically trained to administer it. I'd find out what product she uses and then contact the company or see if she is on their website as a recommended 'salon' or call to ask what qualifications are required :)

Ah OK, do they actually work??

Thanks for the reply.

Yes they do! Although if you have a very deep crease something's it's not possible to remove it but it's good at plumping areas out.

No just the start of puppet lines which I wouldn't mind filling out. Just thought I'd give them a go now as I'm getting married next year and I didn't want to trial something so close to my wedding.

They may not have to be medically trained, but if there was someone else available in the area who was, they would be my preference.

i live in Australia so it may be different here in regards to the regulation for administering this kind of treatment. Would love to hear if you are happy with the results if you get it done...Keep us posted :)

If they can get insurance and training then yes they can do it but you have to ask yourself what they would do if the treatment went wrong?

They would not be qualified to admnister the prescription product used to disolve the product in an emergency situation such as vessel occlusion which can lead to necrosis if not treated quickely. Would they be able to prescribe and administer antibiotics or steroids if needed either?

Spoke to my mum (who's my aesthetic nurse as she's a senior nurse and midwife) and she said unless you are medically trained they won't train you. Even paramedics can't get trained by the companies, they have to train privately and then there's an issue of insurance.

hi ,im sorry but thats not strictly true ,non clinicians can be trained at skintechniques by jim mcgrath and insured by cathedral.i totally agree that dermal filler administration can be so effective but may have risks of vessel occlusion ...If that occurs where does the immediate action ie prescription only medicine come from?plus no more remote prescribing as banned.

gaynor ,face facts aesthetics and beauty

Latest posts

Back