Can someone help me with my skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMills

Reaction score
Hi all. I've suffered with mild skin problem for ages. I've sorted my skin out to a large extent but I seem to suffer with clogged pores that turn to spots around the lower half of my face which I know is linked to hormones but they are not under the skin.I came off the pill a while ago as the pill affect my skin and mind for the worse. I was also using benzoyl peroxide 2.5 for a year or so but I don't know if it really helped. Ive recently upped my water intake hugely, cut out alcohol and improved my diet, will this be enough to help my problems as its quite mild? I really don't want medication. I exfoliate once a week and steam my face but that seems to aggravate it. I use Elizabeth Arden intervene cleanser and Olay moisturiser lotion.thanks for any help, its driving me mad as it affects my confidence x

What make up are you using on your skin?

Without doing a full consultation it's hard to know, but to start with I would make sure you are using products that are fragrance free, or with the mildest of fragrances - not Simple!

My acne has been cured by switching to a non-foaming cleaner (balm cleansers are my preference) and giving up cow's milk. Also, taking a lot of fish oil helps. Give it a few months and you'll see a huge improvement.

Latest posts

Back