Can toenail reconstruction be done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngiesNailz

Reaction score
Hi, wonder if any of you wonderful geeks can help me?
My partner's big toe on his left foot is really small and only kind of half-sized, due to damage he did to it many years ago. (its also bruised looking in colour). He's quite conscious of it and I wondered if there was anyone out there who would know of any way of re-constructing it using either l&p or gel, to look as near to a normal toenail as you can get?
I know its a tricky one cos he's a man and obviously with a woman its easier because you can reconstruct it and then polish it, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi, wonder if any of you wonderful geeks can help me?
My partner's big toe on his left foot is really small and only kind of half-sized, due to damage he did to it many years ago. (its also bruised looking in colour). He's quite conscious of it and I wondered if there was anyone out there who would know of any way of re-constructing it using either l&p or gel, to look as near to a normal toenail as you can get?
I know its a tricky one cos he's a man and obviously with a woman its easier because you can reconstruct it and then polish it, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! :)

It is possible to do it ... but would he really be bothered about keeping up to the care of it?

A really good tech can do wonders, especially with the new opaque powders but you really need an artist if the result is not going to look fake on a man.

Can be done, if you use opaque powder. Neutral and I wouldn't worry about a free edge as such.

I would prefer L&P to gel to be honest cos you don't want it glossy on a guy.

If its a damaged nail it will be a maintenance issue, but then again, if he wants to wear jandals/flip flops in the summer it could be a seasonal fix too.

Thank you so much both of you for your replies, that has really helped. Think I'm gonna give myself a challenge (the best way to keep learning!) and give it a try with opaque Neutral L&P and see how it goes. Any more advice also greatly appreciated. :)

Latest posts

Back