Can You Believe This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnail

Independent Essence Geek
Reaction score
Hi there:)

Normally I'm a fairly 'go with the flow' type person UNTIL something REALLY ANNOYS ME ...........
Thank's in Advance xxxxxxx just had to get this off my chest.......

Well let's just say it hasn't been the easiset of area's I've worked in. Small town - 6th generation familie's - 99.9% of the CBD business's are inter related.

So not being local & not 6th generation blah blah. Hasn't been easy.

Now.... After placing my adds in the local positions vacant - ph interviews - personal interviews etc. Great response!!!!

I find that the Nail Salon that has caused me the most 'GRIEF'[resulting in my Solicitor issuing a letter of warning to cease & desist ALL slanderous activities].

I find out, she had a family member [employee] actually performing Full Nail Service's...... UNCERTIFIED... NO QUALIFICATION'S ....NADA .... NIL..I interviewed the ex employee myself .................

Following what I thought was a promising situation FOR HER .....
I asked her to obtain 'A Statement of Attainment' or some aknowledgement that she knew at least her way around a Nail Table....................She'd have to! wouldnt' you think????????

I haven't heard back from said applicant.........
& have less & less concern for the fact that I may be 'Stepping on some TOES' by settling for nothing less than 'THE ABOSOLUTE BEST' I can achieve.

Ohhhhh......... By the way. A year & a half ago I was defending the fact that Creative Nail Design Solar Oil is "NOT A PINK COLOURED CUTICLE OIL'......to this same tech's client's that patronised the Hair Salon I was renting a space in...79% of them..errrrrrrr......

I was wondering if any one else has had simmilar or related experience's with other tech's??????????????????????????
& how did you cope with it???????
Any suggestion's??????

Kind Regards
XX J XX

jnail said:
Well let's just say it hasn't been the easiset of area's I've worked in. Small town - 6th generation familie's - 99.9% of the CBD business's are inter related.

whats CBD

I find that the Nail Salon that has caused me the most 'GRIEF'[resulting in my Solicitor issuing a letter of warning to cease & desist ALL slanderous activities].
dont know what you mean by the nail salon,what nail salon
I find out, she had a family member [employee] actually performing Full Nail Service's...... UNCERTIFIED... NO QUALIFICATION'S ....NADA .... NIL..I interviewed the ex employee myself .................
who is the she you are on about
Following what I thought was a promising situation FOR HER .....
her ?????
I asked her to obtain 'A Statement of Attainment' or some aknowledgement that she knew at least her way around a Nail Table....................She'd have to! wouldnt' you think????????

I haven't heard back from said applicant.........
& have less & less concern for the fact that I may be 'Stepping on some TOES' by settling for nothing less than 'THE ABOSOLUTE BEST' I can achieve.

Ohhhhh......... By the way. A year & a half ago I was defending the fact that Creative Nail Design Solar Oil is "NOT A PINK COLOURED CUTICLE OIL'......to this same tech's client's that patronised the Hair Salon I was renting a space in...79% of them..errrrrrrr......

have i missed something as this post is very confusing to read

I was wondering if any one else has had simmilar or related experience's with other tech's??????????????????????????
& how did you cope with it???????
Any suggestion's??????

Kind Regards
XX J XX[/color]
[/font]

nicola

CBD - Central Business District/Main area of Retail.
Nail Salon- Competition/Other Business.
She- Nail Salon Owner/Competition.
Her - Family member-Applicant.
hTh
XX J XX

I think they will be jealous as hell and quaking in their boots that someone actually qualified has moved into town, (cue western music lol)

rise above it man. you know you are better than her and can do a better job. people will soon learn, all it takes is just one person to spread the word in the town that they have had their nails or hair done by you and what a much better job it is. sod 6th generation and move in for the NEW generation.

think positive and as they say in uk............. dont let the b******* grind you down.
good luck

If she is perfoming nail services on the public with no training & therefore no insurance, isn't this illegal??

I can't see anything worng with what you are doing so don't worry about it. When I first opened my salon, the hairdresser down the road tried to get me shut down. I didn't take it lying down & here I am, over 2 years later & doing far better than she is on nails. Clients will go to whoever knows what they are doing, simple as that! If they don't it is their own loss!

Latest posts

Back