can you do refresher courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieA

Reaction score
i am a fully qualified holistic therapist but havent practised any treatments for a few years now. as i am opening a new salon i want to get kicked back into the swing of things so i can offer everything instead of just beauty and nails which i am doing at the moment. i feel a bit rusty and would find it really helpful if there was some kind of refresher course i could do in massage and reflexology. does anybody know if this kind of course exists anywhere? xx

Where did you originally train in these areas,
if you get in touch with who ever was your trainer or the company they should be able to steer you in the right direction hth

Hey Katie, where i work when someone calls and says that they are already trained but want a refresher we give them a course for a good price. Although many training salons don't advertise refresher courses they are willing to give you a day to go over what you need to learn and maybe pick up some extra knowledge.:)

Hey Katie, where i work when someone calls and says that they are already trained but want a refresher we give them a course for a good price. Although many training salons don't advertise refresher courses they are willing to give you a day to go over what you need to learn and maybe pick up some extra knowledge.:)
that sounds like just what im looking for. i originally trained at my local college about 8 years ago and wouldnt really want to ask them so i think il give some companies a call and see if they can help me. thanks xx

Hi there.
I don't know of refresher courses in holistics tbh.

Why dont you go over your old notes from college, and go through the routines?

If you get some little postcards, and bullet point the set routine on them, and keep them with you all the time as a reminder, you could just take a peek at them whilst doing the treatment and no-one would know. they are easy to hide, and you can pop em in your pocket or by the side of you.
Just do a few practice runs on friends / relatives or any willing body,and I am POSIIVE it will all come flooding back to you.

Its really hard to remember set routines when you have not been practising it on a regular basis. :hug:

Or you could book yourself in somewhere and have a few treatments yourself. Sometimes when you see someone else doing what you are trained to do, it comes back to you. Also it helps you to remember how 'it feels' to have a treatment.
And rememer - you are qualified to do this. You are just a bit rusty thats all!! We all are when we are not performing the same things day to day.

Also remember- you know more than the client. If you miss a few moves to begin with , they wont know, as long as you keep it flowing.

Anyway I hope that helps you a little. I wish I could be of more help.

Good luck. xxxxxxx:hug:

thats a great help and a great confidence boost thankyou! i somehow dont feel "qualified" anymore its been that long since i last did a treatment! iv recently been over my notes but cant remember what half of it means anymore!lol!

Latest posts

Back