Can you get a level 2 qualification in natural nails only?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've done a search on training etc and can't find an answer to my question.
I'm playing devils advocate but thought I'd pose the question-
If you don't want to offer nail extensions, can you get a level 2 qualification just in natural nails?

Hi everyone,

I've done a search on training etc and can't find an answer to my question.
I'm playing devils advocate but thought I'd pose the question-
If you don't want to offer nail extensions, can you get a level 2 qualification just in natural nails?

Hello

The NVQ level 2 unit in manicure would cover the basics (or CND nails naturally), you can then train in Shellac and minx afterwards.

Michelle

Yes, many years ago I trained at college in natural nails only: a Level 2 Diploma in Nail Treatments (manicure and pedicure). What I would say is that they sadly taught out-dated methods - and unfortunately many colleges still do!

Also the course did not include kit or products, and I had to buy the range they used which was cheap, pretty ineffective and so not something I was happy to use on clients once I'd qualified. So then I had to purchase other ranges and learn how to use each one, as well as having to re-learn how to remove cuticle effectively.

As the previous poster mentioned, CND Naturally is another option available to you. It is an in-depth course, teaching you modern technique, the most up-to-date treatments (including CND Shellac) and includes an excellent starter kit (including CND Shellac and the CND UV lamp!)

Plenty there to think about, but if you wanted to chat through CND Naturally further, you could always call the lovely people in Education at Sweet Squared during office hours on 0845 210 6060 x

Thanks ladies for the replies.
I have a girl who wants to come and work with me next year, but she really loves doings manis and pedis, but isn't sure she wants to learn to do extensions, so it prompted me to ask.

Ill check it all out. :)

Latest posts

Back